Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw them once on a home repair TV show. Has any one know where I can buy a pair fo these Bi-Focal saftey glasses?:cool:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Yup

Rodster is correct. They even sell tri-focals. You can also get them in progressive.

Walmart has a very good and inexpensive selection. Fast turn-around too.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Something you may want to consider, and these may not be for everyone but they sure were handy for me is, a Double D lense. (NO!!!!!! not the Anna Nicole type!) When I started having focusing problems while I was still on active duty; I got the Flight Surgeon and Optomitrist to make up a few sets of polycarbonate lense glasses that had the D shaped lense cut in the normal position and also in the converse position so when I looked up at something close; I could focus on it as well. You look between the lenses for normal vision. This was a huge help for me doing preflight aircraft inspections and also when working under the truck or tractor; otherwise I was constantly having to tilt my head back to see objects through the lense.

·
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx for the advice, all of you. My eyes have been getting a lot worse the last couple of years. I now run around the shop switching glasses when I need to see something. If I leave my reading glasses at home, I go by memory.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I leave a pair of glasses prepositioned around the house, in the truck/car, and in my shirt pocket where I use them the most. If not the CRS kicks in and I forget to bring a pair with me. Then I have to read with my arms fully stretched out. Can just barely focus then! :nerd: :whistle: :winky:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Now the wife is telling me that I don't hear good either. I only hear half of the things she wants me to do and the other half I get wrong.
Rodster
PS..I call it ( selective hearing ):party:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Glasses

I have to wear glasses for any close up work.I did not need them until I was almost 50.Spent several years in denial,until my arms got too short to read the paper and the wife refused to hold it up across the room so I could read it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I had to wear glasses since I was 4 years old after I was mauled in the face by my uncles dog. It reallly did a number to my face and to this day I have not real good depth perception. I still love dogs but they are not allowed to be near my face. I love the new plastic lenses, attractive styles and safety all in one. Even through I wear a "coke bottle lense" They are small and light. Even the newest safety lenses are excellent.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts