Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with removing the large flywheels from the old antique L-head engines? Any ideas?

Andy

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Lots of penetrant and patience. Soak it well and use a puller that will grab the hub with a good bite. Some heat application will help also but use it judiciously.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those flywheels bolt to crank? Just take the bolts out and gently pry off with a couple of lady slippers.:truth:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Argee
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't those flywheels bolt to crank? Just take the bolts out and gently pry off with a couple of lady slippers.:truth:
No bolts that I can see... Are we talking about antique L-Head engines here, Argee?

Andy

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Many, many moons ago

I worked on Continental "L" head engines. I believe some of them would qualify as "antique". :rockin:
Apparently it's not the same "L" head you refer to.:alien:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Many, many moons ago

Originally posted by Argee
I worked on Continental "L" head engines. I believe some of them would qualify as "antique". :rockin:
Apparently it's not the same "L" head you refer to.:alien:
HAHA :ride:
Sorry --- I was just a little confused as to what you were refering to with the flywheel bolts. Apparently these Briggs dont have any bolts are tapped directy onto the shaft --- I am still learning myself, my friend. :cheers:

Andy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts