Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering what the best pentrating oil is to get an engine unstuck. Any suggestions on how to get an engine unstuck as well.

Thanks,

LBH

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
kroil

kano kroil the best stuff ever made.
Jody
kroil

·
674 Posts
An old man showed me once to mix transmission fluid with kerosine 50:50 ..... cheap and works well.

Pour it in the spark plug hole and let it sit a few days. Then gently try to work it loose.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000
An old man showed me once to mix transmission fluid with kerosine 50:50 ..... cheap and works well.

Pour it in the spark plug hole and let it sit a few days. Then gently try to work it loose.
Guess that works got for unsticking stuck rings also. Never used it though.

For rusted bolts, I would not trade my PBlaster. Stuff's AWSOME!!!

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Ingersoll444

For rusted bolts, I would not trade my PBlaster. Stuff's AWSOME!!!
Bet you never tried kroil its way better then PB blaster.
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Any auto parts store or even Wal Mart sell it.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by Ed_GT5000

ya l was told the same thing it worked on my tractor poured it in a let it sit for 3 days and pulled if will a tractor

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well over the yeas I have used just about everything that is made for freeing up rusty things, and IMHO, the best stuff yet is the flourescent yellow dye penetrant spray that is used in welding shops and machine shops to check for cracks with a black light. That stuff is amazing and it works. Just spray the item and allow it to set, and odds are it will be able to be moved. If it does not free totally, apply some more once it starts moving and allow to set a bit again. Some heat helps sometimes but I have found it mostly un-necesary. Cost is about $5.00 a spray can at the local welding supply stores. The dye can get into the tiniest of cracks or crevices and seems to flow right through rust.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
NOTHING beats "Homers Duck Butter" Especially if you warm it up to about 167 degees! If stores don't carry it in your area; PB Blaster works great. :truth: :cowboy: :captain: :clown: :spinsmile :tractorsm :whistle: :whistle: :hide:

·
Registered
977 Posts
i have used a lot a lot of different penetrating oils and found kroil to be the best. for unseizing engines fill the water jacket of the block and use a block heater to warm it up

1 - 20 of 53 Posts