Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
It may not be the workhorse of the crowd, but you just can't beat a Cub for general usefullness, and they are "cute" little tractors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
don't forget the great farmall super a.I use it for alot of stuff even pulling a 5 ton bulldozer on a utility trailer maybe i'll take a picture of this sometime and post it i've been told plenty of times it can't do it but it does ever time plus many other chores:D :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cub

The blade for a cub is designed to be mounted out front as a snow pusher or under the belly as a grader blade. Try a search on ebay to get a feel for current prices. The search i use is cub -cadet. the -cadet eliminates all the cub cadet lawn mowers. The search should be done in the agricultural section to eliminate the stuffed bear and lion cubs. Real rough estimate, between $1500 and $2500

.My search

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Geography also has a lot to do with it as an area that had a lot of small farms will have more availlable to purchase. supply VS demand. Keep an eye in classified ads that cover ag tractors and the like.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:clap: I lucked out and bought a good running 48 Cub with blade for $500 almost a year ago. It cost me 20 bucks to fix the carb which is why the guy sold it after it sat in his barn for a year. His wife told me he didn`t know what a wrench was for. :clap:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well, the only Farmall I have ever used was a C.[or super C, not sure] Seemed to be a good balance between size, and power. My dad used his for everything around the junkyard we owned, never had a problem. Wish I still had it. He sold it right before he passed away, and that was about a year before I got my land. Of corse the trike front end would not have worked well on my land, stil would have been nice to have.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The C is definetly a nice tractor! But IH did a good job of putting all their tractors together with the right tires and implements for the job. Big enough tires to bite in, but no so big to rob power. IMHO

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thats whats so great about this site is the post will always be here so you can always look back to find more information about something.
Jody

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Cub, Cub Cub Cub Cub!!!!!

Need I say any more:spinsmile

·
Registered
2 Posts
So what is the best Farmall H or M?

I'm in Utah and I'm looking at getting a tractor to launch my boat in and out of the water at Bear Lake. I see a lot of tractors around H's and M's and want to know what the difference is and what would be the best for the job I'm doing.

The tractor will be used to move the boat in soft sand, what would be the best model? It's a tandem boat trailer and the boat is 21'. I don't know the weight of the trailer and boat, but it's just a ski boat if that's any help. Most of the tractors I've seen have the front wheels spaced, do they all come that way or is this an option? It only seems reasonable because of the sand and two wheels close together would sink.

Sorry I'm a newb, just don't know where to start :)

Any information would be appreciated.
TM

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Welcome aboard!! Either the H or M would work fine for what you are planning. The M is a higher HP tractor and heavier, but both are relatively the same physical size. I guess pick up whichever you can get at the best price.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts