Tractor Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Tractor Forum-
I am new to this forum, and Thank you for having me here. I have an issue with a larger Chinese tractor that may
involve some cross reference miracle. A 1998 Benye 554FX tractor came my way, with siezed engine and missing
all the linkages on the rear. Actually pulled her out of the scrap yard, to find that she's really rare, but a nice size 4X4.
I readily found the piston and cylinder kits out of China, amazingly low cost and impressive quality. The hitch items
are a different story, due to the rarity of the Benye tractor in the USA and also China, it seems. This rarity results from
the purchase of Benye by John Deere in 2007. So I am on the path of trying to spot a file photo of the back of a 554
or perhaps 454 tractor to match up the mounting area for the draft linkage. When I have a match, maybe then I could
approach the China tractor parts dealers about the swap.
Any help or information appreciated.
C576CA94-ECBA-480E-8CDD-49B8E6D9B686.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
9,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can't help you, but I'm sure someone here will have a few ideas.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Hello Benye554, welcome to the tractor forum.

See attached list of companies Benye builds tractors for. Eight models listed for John Deere. Maybe you can find a JD model that's very close to yours for lift parts.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
G'day Benye554,
If the rest of the tractor looks like the rear end, then you have a solid looking tractor to fiddle with, I suppose the cover plate for the shaft and bearing is missing on the rear end there, a machine shop could make one to fit, you might be able to find after market lower links and lift links, the top link shouldn't be a problem apart from the "U" end to fit the top attachment point.

Hope to see more photos of the complete tractor at some time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G'day Benye554,
If the rest of the tractor looks like the rear end, then you have a solid looking tractor to fiddle with, I suppose the cover plate for the shaft and bearing is missing on the rear end there, a machine shop could make one to fit, you might be able to find after market lower links and lift links, the top link shouldn't be a problem apart from the "U" end to fit the top attachment point.

Hope to see more photos of the complete tractor at some time.
The plate you mention has ears that support a link which pivots and is pinned to the top eye. My understanding of its function is that the setup gives a push from the top link when the attachment binds up such as passing through a
dip. This causes the arms to raise in order to relieve the bind. I am guessing that I have a heavy category 1 lift system.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello Benye554, welcome to the tractor forum.

See attached list of companies Benye builds tractors for. Eight models listed for John Deere. Maybe you can find a JD model that's very close to yours for lift parts.

Thank you for the welcome and also this elaborate list of Benye tractors. Looks like Deere has a 554 which I will focus on. Too bad the Deere is painted the same color as money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tractor has the Fujian Lijia SL4105BT, non turbo engine, 3.81 liter, and rather simple 4 speed with high/low. Separate pumps for steering and auxillary hydraulics. This tractor shows only 630 hours. It shows signs of being run on vegetable oil.
What I think happened to the engine is that it stopped up the fuel system, then when hit with ether it broke the wet liners
and flooded the cylinders with coolant.
Building sleeve puller soon.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Thanks Benye554, I can understand what you are saying about the cover plate and the pivot, happy to hear you still have that piece, also explains where the short rod fits, this is all part of the draft control system, actually this works when plowing with the plow set to a depth and when the plow hits a tight patch and to prevent the drive wheels from digging in, the plow will lift momentarily until traction is gained again and the tractor moves again and the plow will resume its original setting and this is how it will work when plowing, this also works with other ground engaging equipment.

Thanks for the photos, nice tractor and if you got it for scrap price, that's even better still, and good luck with your parts search.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts