Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple of things.

The reversed belt did not work on the 3014. We finally got enough snow to blow. Belt came right off the 38' Case blower. So if I keep the 3014, next year I am going to put the kit on it.

I went to use the 446 with 48" blower, but it clogged right up. A lot of rust build up in chute I am supposing slowed the snow, which was wet, causing it to clog. The rust is surface, but was rough from not having been used in a while. I was going to sand it but think I will wait for warm weather to sand blast it...no good place for me to do that in the winter.

I ended up putting the blade and chains on the 446...but since have had no new snow deep enough to use it on.

Now a question about the sleeve hitches. I now have one for each tractor. The 446 is longer...is there any reason I could/ should not use it on the 3014, since I don't believe I need one for each tractor?

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas, are looking forward to the new year, and are remembering the "Reason" for the season. God bless!

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yep, from that title, I thought you were packing up and moving out... HAHAHA

Paul, Mr Ingersoll 444, any help for these questions???? :D

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Yep, from that title, I thought you were packing up and moving out... HAHAHA

Paul, Mr Ingersoll 444, any help for these questions???? :D

Andy
Sure, could probably be a little help.:)

As for the blower, if it is just light rust, I would hit it with a wire brush, then spray it with some Pam, or maybe some clear spray paint. When you have snow, crank the motor up pritty good, and hit the snow slow. The spray will wear off, but the snow going through it should polish it all up after a wile. BTW, if it's real slushy, it will probably still clog, but the key to the single stage blowers is to keep the speed up.

Now for the sleave hitch. True the big wheel, and small wheel hitches are diferent leinghts. I have a short hitch on my 444, and it works fine, but the tiller JUST misses the tire. Realy need to get the longer one. Only problem I can think of with the longer one, on the small wheel tractor, is if you are using a tiller, you may need to go with longer hoses. The lift plate that bolts on has enough holes to compsate for any change of angle.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Just reread you post. You alrady have bolth the long, and short hitches right? Is there any reason why you would want to put the longer one on the small wheel tractor?? Something the short one is not doing? Or is it just so you can use the one hitch on bolth tractors?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About the hitches... I was thinking of selling one to be able to buy the conversion kit, for the Ingersoll, to be able to use the Case blower on it. Didn't see much sense having both hitches but only using one. Just kicking the idea around for now. Not really sure if I will keep both 446 and 3014, or either of them, for that matter. I have been quite pleased by the Toro I bought with tiller and blower. I only bought it to fill in while I found a Case or Ingersoll, because I had owned 3 Case tractors, 20+ years ago before moving to the city, and did like them. Once I moved back out to the country I knew I would want a tractor with mowing, tilling, blowing capabilities. Now I have three but really only need one outfit. Except for not having hyd' lift, there are no complaints with the Toro even though it is just a heavy yard tractor not a real garden tractor. A much tougher tractor than I thought it would be, and a great mower, good tiller, and good blower.

Thanks for the input.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by ropari
Randy G, I live in the general Benton Harbor- St. Joseph area, lower SW Mi'.
I live 25 miles north of Gaylord. I have an old 446 that I parted out. If your ever looking for odd parts, give me a shout.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Randy! If I do end up keeping the 446 I will definitely keep you in mind.

Have a great New Year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts