Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out today and purchased a BearCat 70554 today.

Photos and Field Report to come this weekend.

BTW don't you just love new toys (too bad it's kubota orange instead of deep red) :D NANA

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great WNut....we sell those and its a great chipper for a tractor.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WOW the BearCat 70554 is heck of a lot faster than I ever dreamed it could be.

It is a very strong performer, but also potentiality the most dangerous implement I own.

Eye protections, earing potections, and protective clothing (gloves, fitted long sleeves, boots, etc) are a necessity with operating this type of equipment!

Just like any equipment used for Ag, you must stay focus on your task or don't do it ! Stay Alert, Stay Focus, Stay Alive!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The centrifuge force of the chippers' flywheel at the 540 rpms cause my PTO to spin an 1:30+ before coming to a stop in neutral!

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts
I have a small W.W. Grinder wood chipper I bought in the early 1980's. I will only run it for 40-50 minutes at a time, not because of any problems with the machine, but the level of concentration required to avoid getting hurt. DO INDEED take breaks, to relax a little. Also helps during a 10 minute break to shut it down to get away from the noise. The decibels generated can actually tire you out as well. As you noted, these machines are EXTREMELY dangerous, and utmost care must be used, as a mistake is VERY, VERY BAD! A mistake with a chainsaw usually requires stitches, a mistake with a chipper usually results in amputation. Glad to hear it is working so well for you, but please be careful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts