BCS Walk Behind Tractors

Discussion in 'Crops & Garden' started by psrumors, Feb 26, 2007.

1. psrumors

psrumors New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Hi all, been a while. Looking for a good brush mower and came across the BCS tractors. Does anyone know how well these little things are?

I priced the DR field and brush mower and for not much more money I can have one of these.

Hope everyone is doing well,
    Ron

2. Live Oak

Live Oak New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Hi Ron! Long time no see! How are you doing? I don't know that much about BCS other than they are Italian. The John Deere dealer in Clarksville TN used to carry their equipment and the salesmen said they make a great tiller. Kinda pricey though. Have you checked out any of the used self propelled Gravely's? Might be just as good and a lot cheaper.

3. chrpmaster

chrpmaster New Member

May 5, 2004
    I second what Chief said about these mowers. I was very interested in buying one several years ago and just couldn't justify the price. Seemed very well built and should last a lifetime.

I am partial to Gravelys though. Their 30 brush mower is the toughest I have ever seen. You can pickup a nice one for around $200-300. They have a heavy 3/8" thick blade that gives awesome small tree clearing capabilites. Plus in those areas that just have high weeds you can add a sickel bar mower attachment for another $100. I would check locally in the classified ads and go try one out. I have mowed two acre fields with my sickle bar mower and taken down 2" thick trees with the brush mower. Gravelyclub is a large Yahoo group to get more info and help on any questions you may have. Plus if you say you are interested in buying one I'm sure you'll get lots of responses.

Good luck and keep us informed on what you decide.

Andy

4. HYDROGUARDIAN16

HYDROGUARDIAN16 LT/GT Moderator

Feb 13, 2007
    get a kohler engine

a 18 - 20 horse kohler engine is best on top cause i took apart one with 3430 hours on it and looked brand new

5. psrumors

psrumors New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Thanks guys.

We are doing well Chief, how about you all?

I will look more into the Gravelys. How are parts availabilty?

6. chrpmaster

chrpmaster New Member

May 5, 2004
    You can get most parts easily from a couple mail order dealers. Richards Lawn and Garden is in West Virginia and Dave Antram in Penn. Here are their web sites

dave antram

richards lawn and garden

Both are very knowledgeable and patient. Plus they normally have any part you need in stock.

Andy