Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, if the USA did this at the start, and actually took the time once we made it to Bagdad, and had a main base setup and then went town to town house to house as we are doing in Fallujah now, a a lot of GI''s would not have been killed by all the terrorists actions. I just don't buy into the facts of MOsques etc being off limits when it comes to a tactical operation..........and perhaps my biggest gripe is the cease fires and bargaining with the Mullahs and other clerics. We owned Iraq up to a certain point, and we should have done what it took without regards to what the local Iraqis and future Iraq big boys thought..........at least it would have been a clean house we handed over to them, and probably would have been much easier to keep clean afterwards. I just hope they continue doing these actions to all the other places that have given us so much trouble over the past year.......

·
Registered
494 Posts
I don't blame the military, they know what "should" be done. I do however put blame on the "give peace a chance" and fight a "sensative" war BS. I think now that all the BS avenues have been exhausted and now its time to get ugly. Lets drop some of those MOAB bombs like was done in Afghanistan and put the fear of Alah in the murderers.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i agree, but if W was not afraid to (or unable to) speak in public... he could of, and should have made an open statement to those savages over there stating.. 'we are not occupiers' we want to help you to become a free and open democracy'

Instead he said nothing and they hate us..

they probably would hate us even if he had said something to the general public over there..

but he should have openly told them "we want out of this hell hole as much as you lograde savages want us out of here..."

(maybe in not those same words)

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Unfortunately, Fallujah has VERY poorly handled and our politicians have yet again managed to poke their noses in the "soldiers" business.

The inhabitants of the city were given over a weeks notice of an impending invasion which allowed the "king pins" of the terrorist to escape to other towns, not to mention prepare a smorgasborg of booby traps and IED's for our forces. The an Iraqi officer who was given the plans for the operation "disappeared".

Our military needs to be left alone and allowed to carry out surprise, shock, high body count operations that net the ring leaders of the insurgents (read terrorists from Syria, Jordan, and Iran). It is a sad and horrifying anecdote of war but when civilians cooperate in ANY way shape or form; they are no longer noncombatants but are aiding the enemy and should be eliminated with the terrorists as well as each and EVERY mosque they hide in or use for ANY military purpose.

THAT is what will break the back of the terrorists and insurgents.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
this whole operation in Iraq has been FU since inception-- the political Bs has made it a lot like Viet Nam -- I agree , let the military do what it is trained and supplied to do-- But I don't think that will happen -- too many butt boys in D.C. who pander to any lawyer that walks in the door-- weak minded fools on both sides of the aisle-- we need to accept that we will have to destroy all of them in order to just with draw-- KIA, and I don't care if god sorts them out or not

·
Registered
129 Posts
This morning the news showed what was supposed to be a hostage that had been handcuffed and starved for 10 days. If you look closely you will see that he has a clean shave line on his neck. It would not be that defined after 10 days.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts