Tractor Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
WOW, I wish I had seen this sooner.. I could have walked you thru removal & repair for about 25.00 in parts.
Its REAL EASY.. w/ just basic hand tools.
PUMPGUYS I will say you sure do help some folk's, I now who I'm gonna cry for help when anything fuel related pop's up.

P.S> by the way--what's your opinion about fuel additive's?????
Thank's BigDog

·
Premium Member
1,558 Posts
They DEFINETLY serve a purpose these days.. Back in the 70's it was mostly snake oil..
But today w/all the stuff going into & out of diesel fuel, its almost mandatory to add something to you fuel.. if for nothing else, just to keep the water at bay..
Especially if your fuel system relies totally on the fuel for lubrication.. some systems are lubed on the bottom end w/ engine oil, so theres not a big problem w/ that system..
Its gotten so bad that the pump manufacturers started making their own brand of conditioner.
The most common problem I see w/ using it tho is, overdosing the system.. some conditioners will actually do harm to the system if used improperly.
Please don't ask me which is the best one to use.. TO MANY "independent" studies out there to know for sure.. but the #'s lean toward Schaeffer.. but then again, Stanadyne makes their own AND makes a fuel injection system.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts