Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hard drive started acting up. You could hear the heads clanking about. A sure sign of eminent failure!

Now normally I'm pretty good about backing up, but recently I have been kind of lax -- taking care of 2 properties, OT at work, and keeping up with this forum :D . So I did a Restart, and the noises did not go away. I backup my financial data daily, but I had about 25 mp3's (that I paid for) and some bookmarks, tractor pics, etc that I had not backed up. I frantically backed this stuff up to my external FW Hard drive.

Luckily everything was saved, and I was able to run a disc utility, and everything is fine. I'm wary of my hard drive though!

There are lots of events that can cause you to lose your important data. And with reasonably priced backup options, it's a good idea to use them.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea me to one of these days when i can pry my self away from here and work:lmao:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
for those with old pcs... pull the hard drive (if its big enough) and put it in your current pc.. add them with 'computer managment' i have a batch pgm -nothing fancy - but it copies my document folder (all users documents folder actually) plus my download folder, my mp3's, desktop, quicken files ect.. files from the c drive to my d drive (older drive used for backup) and E drive (another old drive) i run the batch file every week or so that in case one drive dies, i still have backups of my data files..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts