Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Don't know if its true or not, but have heard not from one but several dealers that Echo has been having a lot of carb problems on most of their small engines. It was one of the deciding factors that helped me choose a Stihl BR -340.........but hell I think I have carb problems with it now anyhow, so you never know. That said, I have Echo chainsaws that are used hard and put up wet and never missed a beat. Echo makes a fine engine IMHO. Not at all familiar with the other brand other than they seem to be of good quality. I had contemplated getting one of their gas powered hedge type trimmers one year as they seemed to have the best built trimmer out there.

Regards

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The Redmax seems to be the best backpack blower if you search some of the website forums that cater to the commercial lawn guys.

I have a Redmax string trimmer, but I have only run about 4 or 5 tanks of fuel through it, so I can't say how it will hold up, but it is great performing unit.

I also have an Echo blower/vac that I've had for about 4 or 5 years. It's been very reliable so far.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have a Stihl ST400 which basically the same as the BR420. I have had it for about 7 years and the only problem I had with it was a bad coil pack when I first bought. Otherwise it has always run like a champ.

·
Registered
67 Posts
i have a husquavarna backpack blower, model 145bt. i use it commericaly and have no problems with it. i bought it at sears for $299 plus the extented warrenty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts