Tractor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my Massey Ferguson 30E industrial loader has been diagnosed with new issues. The engine appears to have a loss if power under load and the gearbox will not shift into third or first gear, not Shure if both are related but could do with some help. Thanks

· Registered
609 Posts
Hi, my Massey Ferguson 30E industrial loader has been diagnosed with new issues. The engine appears to have a loss if power under load and the gearbox will not shift into third or first gear, not Shure if both are related but could do with some help. Thanks
Which transmission..power shuttle or manual? Have you checked trans fluid level?

· Registered
609 Posts
1st and 3rd should be the top of the 'H' left and right respectively. Have you checked the shift linkage for a bend or blockage? As for engine laboring(?)...could be either in too high a gear or the torque converter is not adjusting for the load.

· Registered
609 Posts
If the engine is laboring in1st, I'd lean towards the torque converter which would allow the engine to maintain rpm's while the travel is adjusted to the load..like an auto transmission. Unfortunately I can't speak for your specific tractor, as i don't have MF tractors to work on. B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts