Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The engine on my Husqvarna is a B&S Diamond. When I look on their website I can't find it......not sure if I'm having an attack of the stupids, or not. The sticker says " Our Best Engine"

Can somebody tell me which current B&S engine would be semi-equivalent?

Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts
Which Husqy and what size motor? I believe the "Diamond Power" just refers to their B&S Diamond Logo. I could be wrong. If you post the above infor someone will be able to tell for sure.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by psrumors
Which Husqy and what size motor? I believe the "Diamond Power" just refers to their B&S Diamond Logo. I could be wrong. If you post the above infor someone will be able to tell for sure.
Husqvarna Rider 970
15.5HP

·
Registered
497 Posts
B&S only lists one 15.5

B&S 15.5

The 970 is a deck out front mower correct? I thought those had 12.5 hp Briggs on them.

Can you get the model and type number off the motor?

·
Registered
19 Posts
See now that's the funny thing, the engine for my tractor is not even listed on Brigg's site. Either thier listing is incomplete or they change their line faster than oems use up thier stock. My tractor is a 2004 lt2000 bought new about 1.5 months ago. It has an 18hp Intek OHV engine. I don't see that on brigg's site. Wierd

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by psrumors
B&S only lists one 15.5

B&S 15.5

The 970 is a deck out front mower correct? I thought those had 12.5 hp Briggs on them.

Can you get the model and type number off the motor?
Any idea where i find the model and serial #

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by balmoralboy
Any idea where i find the model and serial #
Jim it should be on the shroud that covers the flywheel. Ether on the side that covers the head or on the top above the head.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts