Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rebuilding 9N front bushing and axle pin , someone put an 8N casing on it which is different than 9N and they have washers and spacers 2 long and short for axle pin. I have none in mine so I bpught 3 washers and a short spacer to take up free space in axle pin. Should I put on original casing or does it matter ?
Photo 1 and 2 are for 8N and is a cradle for 8N ,#1 is my 8N CRADLE ON MY 9n
#3 is a 9N cradle
The Last photo SHOWS an 8n AXLE, WASHERS (2) AND SPACER
Do I need these on my 9N since the cradle is a 8N?

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Morning Tiger Joe,

Last year I changed the axle pin and bushing on my Ford 3600 tractor. No washers and no spacers. If you look at the attached parts diagrams for a 9N and 8N, you will see no washers or spacers. My axle is basically centered on the pin. The radius rods hold the axle relatively centered on the axle pin. There must be a difference in the 9N/8N support castings to cause someone to put washers and spacer on your axle pin? I would install a 9N support on your tractor and leave the washers/spacers off.

The

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good Morning Tiger Joe,

Last year I changed the axle pin and bushing on my Ford 3600 tractor. No washers and no spacers. If you look at the attached parts diagrams for a 9N and 8N, you will see no washers or spacers. My axle is basically centered on the pin. The radius rods hold the axle relatively centered on the axle pin. There must be a difference in the 9N/8N support castings to cause someone to put washers and spacer on your axle pin? I would install a 9N support on your tractor and leave the washers/spacers off.

The smaller casing photo is my 9n with a 8n cradle , the 9n is square grey and has large hole at bottom for water 3rd photo and the plate is part of casing in front whereas the 8n you attach front plate over axle pin with bolt. I was told by OS the these washers and spacers reduce movement and prevent damage to arms, distributor, fan and radiator as it bounces up down etc...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts