Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
I posted these things in another forum to help others....They are too important to miss IMO so I'm re-posting them here under the correct subject. AVG anti Virus is a fantastic Anti virus program, along with Zone Alarm pro and Adware which is free ware....
All the serials numbers work -Compliments of Ducati
Enjoy and safe computing!!

============================================

Avg Antivirus Pro V7.0.211
In order to provide the highest level of antivirus protection for users of AVG Anti-Virus, GRISOFT continuously develops information about new viruses. This information, as well as product improvements, is provided to the users of AVG Anti-Virus in the form of Updates. Timely virus database updates are the critical component for the effectiveness of any antivirus program. In order to ensure that your AVG is providing the maximum amount of antivirus protection, your AVG Anti-Virus System must be kept up-to-date. This is the Professional Edition.

Download:
http://download.grisoft.cz/softw/70/full/avg70f_211.exe

Serial:
[SERIAL NUMBER REMOVED BY MODERATOR]

=============================================

Zone Alarm Pro V4.5.538.001
ZoneAlarm Pro is the award-winning PC firewall that keeps your personal data and privacy safe from Internet hackers and data thieves. Shield your system with our proven, award-winning personal firewall. Keep hackers at bay with protection against worms, Trojans, spyware, and 47 types of malicious email attachments. ZoneAlarm Pro includes Cookie Control and Ad Blocking for a faster, safer Internet experience.

Homepage:
http://www.zonelabs.com/

With Web Filtering

http://download.zonelabs.com/bin/fr..._45_538_001.exe

=============================================

ADware 6.0 by Lavasoft
Adware by Lavasoft - it removes spyware IMO one the very best tools available....its free as well !!

This should clean up a lot of crap on peoples machines....after install you have to do manual updates frequently

http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I used zonealarms for a few years... nice little app. The free version works, but you are limited on some of the controls. Good app though.

Adware is a nice cleanup tool too. I think it cleans more than it should, but that is not bad.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tisenberg

The Zone Alarm I posted is not the free ware version. Its their latest & best Pro version and the keys work...its the best software Firewall out there.....and thats not my opinion either look at

www.grc.com <<For proof

Neither is the AVG freeware !!

Duc

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
I suppose the number of opinions of the best firewall at grc is about as many as there for tractors here. I use ZA on a couple PC's and Outpost on all the rest. BOTH will stop incoming AND outgoing. Most of the rest only stop incoming. ZA is probably a bit more user friendly but Outpost has more adjustable settings.

Adaware is pretty good but it seems it misses some stuff. I run Spybot Search and Destroy along with it. Again, probably not as easy to use but seems to do more. Whatever one you decide to use, at least use something and these are pretty good......

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Let me get this straight. You *bought* software. Received license keys and are giving the license information out to others to use for free?

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Originally posted by tisenberg
Let me get this straight. You *bought* software. Received license keys and are giving the license information out to others to use for free?
tisenberg,
I prefer not to play games here...I chose to offer help regardless of the source code. If you have a problem with this speak up and state it. Dont be condescending to me on this matter...you know as well as everybody else knows this information is available throughout the Internet (Kaaza being one spot), save the moral high road stuff for some other tart....

If you want it gone (or other Admin or mods), its gone...

Duc

Just noticed your removed it all by yourself...your call I guess ...

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Zone Alarm, Outpost, AVG, Adaware, ane Spybot all have personal versions free for the download. Check out their websites and see if the personal version is for you. They also have pay versions that will do more if you need it.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I asked a second time because I wanted to be clear in what you were publishing. No moral high ground, no condensending intents, no bashing, etc.

I read your reply on the other thread and didn't understand your response, so I felt that I should ask more clearer. It is possible that you were publishing an eval key or a beta key or something like that. In that case I wanted to leave it alone. Since it didn't appear that way, and since it is appears like a violation in general, I felt it my responsibility to edit the information out.

Regardless that information like this is available, I do not think that Andy intended this site to be a place to do things like that. If he feels I over-stepped my role... no problem. I will put the information back.

Again, not a personnal attack, just a role defined to me by the head Admin.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by tisenberg
I asked a second time because I wanted to be clear in what you were publishing. No moral high ground, no condensending intents, no bashing, etc.

I read your reply on the other thread and didn't understand your response, so I felt that I should ask more clearer. It is possible that you were publishing an eval key or a beta key or something like that. In that case I wanted to leave it alone. Since it didn't appear that way, and since it is appears like a violation in general, I felt it my responsibility to edit the information out.

Regardless that information like this is available, I do not think that Andy intended this site to be a place to do things like that. If he feels I over-stepped my role... no problem. I will put the information back.

Again, not a personnal attack, just a role defined to me by the head Admin.

Thanks.

You did not over step anything and you did what you thought was right....I have been doing this for so long its been second nature to me and i didnt think it all the way through on how it could effect others. I just wanted to get something in the peoples hand to fix their machines right away, and forgot in essence that its not actually authorized or licensed ...

Ducati

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Please put the base information back because I think it is valuable. Start a new thread with the same basic information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts