Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of AVG's products. I think it outshines Norton significantly. I'm able to compare the full version with the freeware version, and very little is left out....whats real good about the AVG full version is you pay for 2 years compared to Norton for a lot less money but sometime Norton is free with rebates and all....

Anyway the link for AVG's freeware version is below....good product for the price thats for sure....

Duc

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

·
Registered
664 Posts
Our school district uses AVG as well, since it's free. Every machine that counted on AVG to stop Sasser got hammered bad!

All the machines I installed had Norton on them, not a one got it. I think Norton is much quicker at posting AV updates.

My 2 cents.
Angel

:quiet: (Of course, there's a readily available 'mod' to norton's livesubscribe so it stays "active" until 2047.):eek: :D :quiet:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CatDaddy,

Not sure why AVG would fail in such as large environment, but I find the opposite of your results are true with my own machines ( 6 at home) Norton dosent stop them in time, AVG stops them right away....Yep already new about the patch, but since I get Norton for free via rebates and all, for now I dont need the patches....

viper8u2,

I'm aware of Avast, just havent bothered with it yet...thanks again

Duc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts