Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you get the little picture or animation under your member name? I see they are called “avatar.” I’m clueless. I’ve seen them at other sites, but never knew how they got there…

And can it be just anything or does it haved to be a special file type..??

I need a complete “how to” on this one.

·
Registered
361 Posts
:mad: & :confused:
I checked FAQs and there is a link for for getting an Avatar provided by this site but when I clicked it on it just went to a blank page :eek: :rolleyes:. More bugs to work out on this new site I guess, I imagine Andy is gonna be real busy for a month or 2 getting everything up to par.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That was easy enough!

For those who wish to know.
user cp --> edit options
scroll down to the bottom for avatar option

Thanks Andy -- you've got a nice selection to choose from....but I decided to use my own -- that's may machine in mini...:D

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
johnbron

Go to your user cp its the first button at the top right click on it then click on edit option go to the bottom of the page and click on change avatars. then pick one or download one of your own and then click change setting thats it. Oh buy the way welcome to the forum.
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
johnbron

Go to your user cp its the first button at the top right click on it then click on edit option go to the bottom of the page and click on change avatars. then pick one or download one of your own and then click change setting thats it. Oh buy the way welcome to the forum.
Jody
:confused: Well I have tried it about 10 times now and every time I have picked an avatar then clicked on change settings it takes me to a page with this message.---->Bulletin MessageThere has been an error in the upload. Please ensure that the file has been correctly selected and that the upload has taken place successfully

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
johnbron
Thats how its done i dont know what else to tell you anyone else have that problem not able to download Avatars. :confused: I change my 3 time before i stuck with the one i have now and i didnt have a problem downloading them. Anybody else can tell him how? I know its frustrateing when thing dont download like they should.:mad:
Jody

Oh yea Happy Brithday to you.:D

·
Registered
361 Posts
jodyand:, Thanks for the "Happy B-day", I forgot about it being my birthday until I got an e-mail from Spike earlier today with a greeting. I dont pay much attention to them anymore. __ About the Avatar situation, I was hoping that Andy would read the post and give a clue but guess not on either site. I can live without it but would like to receive mail notices when there is new activity on posts that I have participated in. I get them from all of the other forums that I take part in. Oh well, All the other forums keep me busy anyway so it saves me some time to be productive and work on my Cub.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts