Tractor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me what the different prefixes relate to on Case / Ingersoll attachments? I have been looking for attachments but with so many different letters like J, K, L, M, etc'. I am not quite sure what will fit what... and often the seller doesn't know about the attachment they have for sale. Any info' that would help me be able to determine attachment compatability would sure be appreciated. Thanks

BTW, I have a 1992 Ingersoll 3014, am looking at a 1984 Case 446, and am always looking around for others. So the info' I want is really wide ranged, considering future possibilities.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well, mostly the letters are just different models. Like for a mower deck. A 46j is different then a 46n. There is no concrete way to tell what will fit what by the letter. BUT One thing to know most anything, from any Case/Ingersoll will fit another. Here are some exceptions. The early 3 digit number tractors,[22x, 44x, 64x] had left dicharge mower decks. The later 4 digit tractors had right discharge decks. They will not interchange. BUT the early and late snowblowers also turned in different directions, but there is an adapter to make it swap. Before around 70,71, the decks were a little different, and I don’t believe they will work on a 70, or 71 tractor. Also the some of the smaller decks on a 220, will not work on the bigger 422x, or 44x tractors. The hydrobaggers are different for left discharge, and right discharge decks. One of the last things I can think of are the 60" decks will not fit the early tractors. The increased the lenght of the tractors in 80, or 81. The deck will not work on the older, shorter tractors.

Most other stuff will swap from any tractor to another. Plow blade will fit right up to todays new tractors. It is nice to have a coumpy keep things the same, so when you move up to a new tractor, you don;t have to junk all of your attachments.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 4016 sold before I could sell my Toro. I probably should have just purchased it, but didn't think it would sell so quickly.

The 446 is another story. I have been looking at it since July. The guy was still working on it...new short block and wiring harness. He agreed to have it done in three weeks, so I put half down. 10 weeks later I was still waiting so I asked for the deposit back. His brother had a heart transplant, so it was somewhat understandable, but still too long to have nothing for my money. At 13 weeks he still hasn't worked on it, but I told him I would be interested if he ever got it done. So I have to wait and see on that one. It had a blower and tiller with it. Because of my bad back, I really was looking forward to the hydraulic attachment lift.

Well, enough on me for now. Thanks for the reply.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Hey no problem. BTW if you have not used one before, you will LOVE the tiller. They work GREAT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts