Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Braves fans there? What have you heard about Maddox? Last I heard the Cubs made a 1 year offer for 10 million. I would think the Braves (The old Ted Turner Braves) would have at least hung a 1 year offer out there in case he did not get another offer. :clap:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Rumor in Boston is that the Sox may agree with him for 1 yr at 6 million. Just a rumor I heard on the radio.

·
Lifetime Supporting Member
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Boy that would be something. Maddox is not what he used to be, but still good for 15-18 wins. I would sure think th BRaves would have hung an 8 million offer out there in case things went like they did. :homereat:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Cubs

I thought ESPN reported this morning that he went with the Cubs. Maybe I heard it wrong. I can't find anything on it now.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Cubs

That team is one to watch this coming season.Everything they do will make that team stronger. They improved in a lot of things last year, including run support.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I heard the reason he might go to the Sox is that he wants to be on a staff that may well be one of the best ever if he comes. Can you imaging Pedro, Schilling, Maddux, Lowe and Kim?? Yikes!! Say what you want about Kim, he can still pitch. Just hope he can pitch against the yanks.

Maddux wants to win another WS. I guess he's screwed either way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts