Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow --- it was a like a marathon of American Chopper shows and I really enjoyed it. Does anyone know what the bad rift between Paulie and Sr is right now? They barely speak and don't work together at all in the POW/MIA series and very little in the NY JETS series. Mikey of course gets great fun and pleasure in being just as stupid and aggrivating to his dad as he can and that makes for a funny show. I think the graphics and details work on the POW/MIA bike really make the bike. I honestly don't care for the overall design from a merely structural or mechanical nature --- I think that Paul Jr. is much more creative and has a stronger eye for overall smooth "Boyd type" lines, while Sr. has more "Indian" old-school ideas. Nice bike, incredible graphics and craftsmanship --- really liked the series being back to back to back as I didn't have to worry about missing anything. (Dont have TIVO or DVR yet --- Charter is supposed to have it within about 6 months)

Well, just my *zoom - zoom* two cents.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yes i have seen all of them. And i think the stuff between Paul and Pauly some of it is for show the rest is they are to much alike and they butt heads.:D

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Some of the other shows where they fix up cars and trucks are also trying to copy the "conflict" type format. It's getting old. Not saying I won't stop watching though.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I think a lot of the conflict is played up by Paul Sr. for the show. The latest shows they have aired; they both looked to be getting along better than usual.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That is definitely the case. I was there three weeks ago and they definitely got along fine. It is looking more and more like we won't end up doing a bike with them after all. We keep getting pushed back because they are so backlogged on the theme bikes.

We are looking at doing a bike with Dave Perewitz though. He makes custom bikes (better built than OCC). He did the Biker Build off show on Discovery. His bikes are nice and they are better quality. Like Dave told me during our last visit to his shop, "I'll build you a bike for 1/2 as much as OCC, but you'll actually be able to ride mine. It simply won't be made to look at."

I did drive one of his bikes while I was there. They are nice and they have good suspension, etc.

I think we will make the right choice here.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
:ditto:

Every bike they do, they comment on how great it rides...then again, would ever say the ride sucked???

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
They really annoyed us. They keep pushing back. It was supposed to be built late summer. Then they changed it to late fall. When we went in last time, they changed it to first quarter 2005!! The way our owner sees it, if they are popular, it is a good investment. It is our opinion that the show is getting a little stale and that most viewers are feeling the same way.

We have all of our product in at both OCC and Perewitz. The difference is that Perewitz was using our stuff years ago, and still does to this day. He is also not very far from our location in CT as well (about 1 hour door to door).

He said we will have a bike by our next show (early fall) and he will sign autographs at our show booth.

Much nicer guy too.

·
Registered
977 Posts
perewitz is a more complete builder as well he has his hands on everything including the paint where occ seems to be more of a bolt it together send it out to be painted kind of place. they both build nice bikes but i have to agree with leo the perewitz bike would likely be more rideable.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with all of your statements Leo and Bear. I know of several people who have done business with Perewitz and it is just like a Boyd design. Perewitz is top-quality! Hands-on, microscopic level of detail and concern with the entire bike in mind, not just outsourcing the graphics and some cool looking blacksmith parts like at OCC. I too find the American Chopper show to be growing old and stale. They either need to change locations, do something different in terms of the old basic script:

"we need to build this important bike"
"Oh, where's Paulie --- I am going to wring his neck off"
"Mikey you are a stupid idiot - toss it on the floor, you [email protected]#$ jerk"
"What do you mean, you don't get the design? Like this stupid"
"Hey, we are running late - Let's get this bike done"
"Ok, let's send the parts out to get chromed and polished"
"Justin from JB Graphics is going to do a sweet airbrush design here on the tank"
"It will mean so much to the fellas we building it for"
"Hey Bud, you gonna have that seat ready in time or what?"
"Hey it is really all coming together now"
"Paulie, get your head out of your a$$ and get this part in"
"< insert > Misc ramblings and some offsite PR crap with parts suppliers here"
"What do you mean the part doesn't fit? Jam it in! Here you pansy let me do it."
"Oh man, it is done. Lower the rack --- let's take this baby out and go take some pics with the bike!"
"I am proud of it and the whole team feels this is the most important bike we have ever made here at OCC" (how many times have we heard this line?)

HAHAHAHAHA

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I guess this should be a good hint for Pauly to get his ass in gear and work faster like Paul Sr. is always going off about. army :ride:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Justin is actually a really good painter. He has a good sense of humor and has only been painting for a little while. But he is still learning on certain aspects of the work.

Dave Perewitz paints his designs himself as well as all the design work. He has a huge spraybooth and does quality stuff.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Originally posted by admin
I agree with all of your statements Leo and Bear. I know of several people who have done business with Perewitz and it is just like a Boyd design. Perewitz is top-quality! Hands-on, microscopic level of detail and concern with the entire bike in mind, not just outsourcing the graphics and some cool looking blacksmith parts like at OCC. I too find the American Chopper show to be growing old and stale. They either need to change locations, do something different in terms of the old basic script:

"we need to build this important bike"
"Oh, where's Paulie --- I am going to wring his neck off"
"Mikey you are a stupid idiot - toss it on the floor, you [email protected]#$ jerk"
"What do you mean, you don't get the design? Like this stupid"
"Hey, we are running late - Let's get this bike done"
"Ok, let's send the parts out to get chromed and polished"
"Justin from JB Graphics is going to do a sweet airbrush design here on the tank"
"It will mean so much to the fellas we building it for"
"Hey Bud, you gonna have that seat ready in time or what?"
"Hey it is really all coming together now"
"Paulie, get your head out of your a$$ and get this part in"
"< insert > Misc ramblings and some offsite PR crap with parts suppliers here"
"What do you mean the part doesn't fit? Jam it in! Here you pansy let me do it."
"Oh man, it is done. Lower the rack --- let's take this baby out and go take some pics with the bike!"
"I am proud of it and the whole team feels this is the most important bike we have ever made here at OCC" (how many times have we heard this line?)

HAHAHAHAHA

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:
Man! You missed the most overused annoying phrase from that show.

"...and to be honest with ya...."

Everyone there can't say a thing without starting off with that.
:dazed:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I thought it was ( this shops a mess i want it cleaned up):D

·
Registered
477 Posts
You guys forgot "And what not". No really, I am not big into the Harley thing. I have a friend who has a dark blue Titan Gecko. Everything is polished billet, aluminum, or chrome. Awesome looking bike, but I cannot see $30k for a bike. Not sure what OCC's go for, but im sure it's much more than that.

Alot of OCC is hype and PR, but it is a pretty cool show. I like it from the fabrication aspect. Although I'm definately more into streetrods, the other knock-off shows are not really my favorite. I watched that Monster Garage thing once, and that was about enough for me.

As for PR, they all do it. I am a big Nascar fan, but I am also sick of seeing the winning driver just after pulling into Victory Lane; Theres a bottle of Gatorade on top of the car, but after they climb out of the car and say how well the Budweiser Chevy ran, they gotta take a swig of their Pepsi real quick, as they turn their head to the side to reveal the lable. After 3.5 hours in a 140-150 degree sweatbox, the last thing I want is a coke or pepsi. Give me a big glass of water.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by bear
can't have a bike building thread without mentioning indian larry he does nice old school lo teck work

Yup, the "show bike, no ridem" thing is not for me. If I ever did get around to building that bike, no doupt it would be old skool.

I DO kinda like the West Coast bikes though. Kinda a good mix of modern tech, and old school.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts