Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
They have a dealer about 10 miles from me hes been selling them for about 10 years.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I have never owned one but I know one person who does and he is very satisfied with it. They use Mitsubishi diesel engines in t he smaller line tractors and I believe a Mahindra diesel engine in the larger tractors.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Got a dealer near me who says they have had only one come back due to tractor problems, and I think they have sold 40 or 50 since they took on the line 4 or 5 years ago. The others have come back due to "operator error" (bent tie rod from a 3 ft boulder, ect.)

You gotta check to see which engine each model has. I checked one out that had a Kubota engine installed. And a quick look at one as I walked by one time appeared to be bolt-for-bolt the same as my Yanmar 336.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The new 15 series 2015,2615,and3015 are actually last years Cub Cadets and have the Mitsubishi engines in them. The larger ones have Daedong engines i believe. A lot are TYM tractors. Mahindra seems to buy the rights to last years technology from many manufacturers. Nothing wrong with that ...at least that way you know they are a proven design and it helps keep the costs down.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Originally posted by Durwood
The new 15 series 2015,2615,and3015 are actually last years Cub Cadets and have the Mitsubishi engines in them. The larger ones have Daedong engines i believe. A lot are TYM tractors. Mahindra seems to buy the rights to last years technology from many manufacturers. Nothing wrong with that ...at least that way you know they are a proven design and it helps keep the costs down.
For those who are not familiar with Daedong engines, then are better known as Kioti. Good info. Durwood!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm heavily considering buying a Mahindra C35 next year. I like it better than anything I've seen in the 35HP range. I have not been able to find much on its track record- but the overall product line of Mahindra seems to be good.

I've only got 1 dealer within 75 miles of here (Central NC). My only concerns on buying the Mahindra will be future service and parts availability. They seem to be of good quality, but they haven't been around long enough to establish a "life span" for them. I've got a 44 year old Farmall 140 that's still in great running condition- just too small for the work I do. That's why I'm looking to upgrade to a newer, stronger tractor.

If anyone has a C35, I'd like to know how they like it and its performance.

NCBill

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Welcome to Tractor Forum Bill! Great to have you aboard! :friends: :cheers: As you have already mentioned, there are not that many owners out there who have Mahindra's. I know one person who owns a Mahindra 4110 and he is very satisfied with it. It has the Daedong (Kioti) engine. As I get more info. and feed back, I will post it.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Mahindra got its main start in tractors by building International's under license ala' Caterpillar/Komatsu. We always help others after a war you know...... Here's alink about them. Don't think I'd want a constant running pTO though....Ive been "pushed' by the flywheel effect of a rotary cutter by older tractors with Pto's that don't disengage when you hit the clutch. Very high in pucker factor.
What I'd really like to have is one of these !
Interesting company.....since we usually think of India only making pots and pans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Neil,

"Interesting company.....since we usually think of India only making pots and pans"

Not a very nice thing to say at all, especially considering that (according to the site) India is the largest Tractor market in the world. Still, since its pretty obvious that you dont know much bout stuff outside of your own home land/ state/ county, and being a fellow tractor enthusiast, you're forgiven.

graciously

Stranger

·
Registered
9 Posts
Neil,

"Interesting company.....since we usually think of India only making pots and pans"

Not an especially informed comment to makel, especially considering that (according to the site) India is the largest Tractor market in the world. Still, since its pretty obvious that you dont know much bout stuff outside of your own home land/ state/ county, and being a fellow tractor enthusiast, you're forgiven.

graciously

Stranger

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Welcome to TF and tell us more about Mahindra you own and what your experience has been with this tractor!

:tractorsm :tractorsm :tractorsm

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Originally posted by stranger
Neil,

Not a very nice thing to say at all, especially considering that (according to the site) India is the largest Tractor market in the world. Still, since its pretty obvious that you dont know much bout stuff outside of your own home land/ state/ county, and being a fellow tractor enthusiast, you're forgiven.

graciously

Stranger
Tell us more about this company and the products if you can and thanks for forgiving our ignorance and naive commentary...it was certainly mentioned in good humor and faith.

Andy

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Andy,

"comments mentioned in good humour and faith"

Likewise, so were mine. Nope am not especially touchy about Mahindra, but the fact it that they've been making pick up trucks, jeeps and tractors for as long as I can remember. They took over from were Willys left off in India and their earlier jeeps were almost clones of the old Willyses.

Without being a great fan of the CMD of the company Ill say this much, we've used their pickups in places where riverbeds are smoother than the roads and where poeple who dont deserve to ride bicycles get to ride our jeeps and have given creditable service.

They make a whole range of SUVs, MUVs and LCVs, trucks. They also have a dedicated factory for defence requirments. Tractors from 25 HP to 65 HP range, farm implements and construction & earth moving equipment. M&M claim to the the fourth largest seller of tractors in the world.

Needless to say that they borrowed liberally from Chrysler in the early years way back in the 1950s but since then have built uo their own capacities and bring out pretty much home grown products. Dont take my word for it though, take a look at their product profile.

They also have a reputation for good service and a nationwide network. In automobiles there's scarcely a bigger name in India.

http://www.mahindra.com/mahindras/mahindrdefencesystem/products.htm

And not to worry, everything said in jest is forgotten just as soon.

au revoir

stranger

·
Registered
240 Posts
I had a Mahindra 4110 model for two years.. Had a Bradco 11 ft hoe hung on the back.. Machine actually performed flawlessly.. Cheap to run all day.. My only problem was getting on and off to use the hoe... With an 11 footer, one can dig longer than most others, however, the way I was using it,, Iwas on and off constantly... At the end of the day, I would be in bed for three days straight.. Really not the fault of the machine... I ended up with a Kubota L48 and the main reason is, just spin seat around and start digging. If you have decent legs and this on/off won't be a problem, then by all means,,, get the 4110. BTW, 3510/4110 are made by TYM with Daedong power plants,. The larger machines use Mahindra's own engine and the small ones are using Mitsubishi....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Welcome to TF and tell us more about Mahindra you own and what your experience has been with this tractor!

:tractorsm :tractorsm :tractorsm
Hammond Louisanna,,,,,,,me and my wife were just there a few days ago.
Anyway I have a mahindra 4500 2wd with FEL, 6' box blade, 6' shredder, and a 16' trailer witch aint even close to being strong enough to haul this tractor. I got the package deal for $18,800 if I remember right. These 00 series mahindras in my opinion are comparable to other brands only when they are painted yellow, in other word these are construction site quality machines, very heavy built and simple with zero plastic. I cant vouch for the smaller machines although I have heard they are great.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts