Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so what do you think of Simplicity selling to Briggs and Stratton Corp. First they are sold to Simplicity and now to Briggs and Stratton. I hope they don't drop the Snapper line all together what do yall think.

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
I had a Snapper RER a few years ago for a backup machine. I bought it used and it didn't last very long. I kinda liked the Snapper garden tractors of the late 1970's with the single cyl. Kohlers. Then again I liked most manufacturers garden tractors from that time period, they were over built and extremely versitile. As to B&S buying Simplicity being good or bad, in my opinion it depends on what they do with it. If they do what MTD did to the Bolens name, it will be terrible. If the plan is to keep the quality and solid reputation that Simplicity and Snapper currently have, with a more agressive marketing approach, it could be a good thing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
1987 Snapper Tractor

I own a 1987 Snapper Tractor, and I am still moving with it.. It is 12.5 LT Model 42" Deck

This has been an excellent tractor.... mow 2 acres... weekly with it...

The deck is getting really bad.... had to weld on it... motor is getting tired too.... hate the thought of it may be on it's last year.

I know that they have come up with a new tractor this year. I have looked at them..I will not be buying one, wasn't really impressed..

I hate the thought of mine wearing out... I keep telling hubby.... I can get one more year out of it... (I have said that now for 3 Years)

I am currently looking at a Massey Fergeson w/ 60" Deck... It seems to be very well made.

Just my 2 cents worth on the Snapper

:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts