Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at some land down in Astatula Fla. - its about 30 minutes west of orlando, - its on a water canbal between Lake Apopka and lake beauclair.

Im not from down there and never been there, I was curious about the area. Ive heard good fishing, but i was wondering if theres anything good bad about the place... Like Bugs/floods/tornados -out of the ordinary

if anybody konws the area id appreciate any input

thanks

sj

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I know Disney's not to far off:furious: But all kidding aside when i have been there it seem nice the only thing i can think of is Hurricane's but we dell with them down here to but thats expected when you live close to the ocean.
Jody

·
Registered
2 Posts
Central Florida land

We have a small piece of land further west, south of Invereness. In general I would say you hit it right - bugs and flooding.

They go hand in hand - a lot of land in Fl is/has been drained and while it looks good it might have (after you've built) a bug &/or termite problem. The solution is to make sure you get the high lot/acreage, whatever, and then fill your house pad as high as is pratical.

cvt

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I think that moist soil in the southern states means termite heaven! I am not sure how far inland hurricanes are a real threat. We have some friends in that area around Orlando and a lot of the new construction is cement block. So the termite problem would be a lot less. Along a canal you could have problems with snakes and maybe even the occasional gator!

I think the area is growing a lot right now and land prices are only going up! It is a nice area, I hate all the tolls around Orlando. They are a real pain!:D

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Chuck, Welcome ---- What type of photography do you specialize in? I am a very avid shutterbug myself. I use the D1x, S2 models for my Nikon setups. I mostly do nature and action sports for local/national media and stock photogs.

Welcome to TF.COM ---- Good to have you here!

:D

Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome Chuck glad to have you aboard:thumbsup:
Jody

1 - 9 of 9 Posts