Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i worked in my yard of and on today cleaning up all the dead stuff and even got some seat time on my little Cub. Its about 69 degs and sunny:crazysun: outside used my Lt to cut up what leaves and gum ball that was left and cut down some weeds that was growing. Man i enjoy today it is beautiful out side i may even fire up the old BBQ pit this evening. Hope yall's day was a nice.
Jody

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Messed around the yard a little bit. Ground is pretty soggy. It was 46 and sunny. We get aclimated (don't know if that is really a word or not) to the season, so when we come out of a cold spell, 46 degrees feels like 66 degrees as long as there is no wind.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
We made it up into the 50's in Washington today. Yea, that's nice. It's still a little too soggy to do much in the yard though.
But I can almost taste spring:D
69 degrees is awesome.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Pretty muddy here also. Went to get a new belt for mackissic shredder and was going to remove the snowplow on my bolens and mount the shredder and "play" a little, but decided not to drive around in the mud making deep ruts, although that would just give me something else to do, maybe not such a bad idea after all! Was kinda warm here in the mid 40's, but don't be fooled, it will we back. The only good part about any snow now is that you have the fun of clearing it but it doesn't stay around too long. Could do without the mud though.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Well i worked in my yard of and on today cleaning up all the dead stuff and even got some seat time on my little Cub.

Jody
lucky you

If you consider shovelling 5 inches of frozen snow off my deck & balconey or tromping through the sleat/freezing rain to go to the shed doing work in the yard... then Yes i did some yard work today..

I miss florida.....

:globesnow

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Anybody else work in there yard today

Originally posted by simple_john
lucky you

If you consider shovelling 5 inches of frozen snow off my deck & balconey or tromping through the sleat/freezing rain to go to the shed doing work in the yard... then Yes i did some yard work today..

I miss florida.....

:globesnow
Yes i do beleave that was workkkoutta here
Jody

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Yeah, I'm with Johnray with the temps in the 50's in Western Washington and a wide open yard that is still soggy in spots and 7 inches of grass I finally got the first cut on the yard today plus got to use my Stilh 250C, a awesome chainsaw in comparsion to the 20 year old Craftsman that crapped out on me. So 2 and a half acres mowed and 3 alder trees cut down to clear them from the road so I do not scratch my 5th wheel travel trailer when I drive up to my place. I also got all the trees cut up and put on the wood pile for next winter. Got about a 1/2 cord from the tree cutting.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Well, the cypress, oaks, and iris plants are starting to show signs of spring life. The first buds of the season are here ---- my garden seeds are germinating still ---- but it is all coming around. Another few weeks and we will have some real activity going on! :D You got to love this time of the year. The dormancy departs and leaves nothing but a calm awakening for the new year. Everything in its own season and a time for new growth --- both in garden and personally.

I wish everyone the best year ever! The very first Tractorforum.com spring season is underway! I cannot imagine the activity, adventures and fun that will await us all here in 04!

:captain:

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
OWWWWWWWWWW you guys are KILLINGGGGGGGGGGGG me. Buds on the trees???? Spring?????????? I REALY got to move down south.

Got a little done today. They said we were to get a big storm this weekend, but just got a little slish, and freezing rain sat early am. then it cleared up. Got up to almost 40. Thretend to rain all day, but mostly held off. Moved my old convertible out of the drive, to behind my shed to make the town happy, and cut/split all the fire wood that was not stil frozen to the ground. Buzed around a bit on the N doing some "work" then spent some time building my work bench in the garage. Gave that up, becouse I could just not get my self to weld a good bead, so figured it was not my day for welding. Played with my little girl out in the snow, and made her first snowman. Not my best day, but had some good parts.

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
before work

I had to work a double shift, From 2PM til 6AM. In the morning before I left I cleaned horse stalls and picked up dog droppings. Really kind of a crappy morning.:)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well today is as nice as it was yesterday i think I'm going to put down some weed and feed and do some edging. So i hope all ya ll have a good day.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Well today is as nice as it was yesterday i think I'm going to put down some weed and feed and do so edging. So i hope all ya ll have a good day.
Jody
l would do the same but it is to muddy got my gt stuck in my backyard

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well the last couple of days this week has been n the high 60's and low 70's bright sunny and beautiful clear blue skies. I gave the garden its final till and maybe next weekend I will plant it. All my trees are budding, and the cooler season grass that usually starts growing this time of year here is starting to poke its new shoots out of the dirt. Another couple of weeks and it will be just right for most anyting that needs to be done outside.

So its been short sleeves all week and weekend and the weather forcecast shows rain tomorrow and then sunny warm and clear for the next 5 days..................

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Well today is as nice as it was yesterday i think I'm going to put down some weed and feed and do some edging. So i hope all ya ll have a good day.
Jody
If I could find my yard under the three feet of snow that sits on it I'd be doing that too. I think I remember where the barbeque was left last fall, may try to dig that out and make burgers:lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
If I could find my yard under the three feet of snow that sits on it I'd be doing that too. I think I remember where the barbeque was left last fall, may try to dig that out and make burgers:lmao:
hey argee what part (city) of Michigan do you live in

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Originally posted by Argee
I live in Northern Michigan outside a little town called Wolverine. I'm about 40 miles south of the Mackinac Bridge.

have you been to port huron in not a bad place l live a cross the river from it

1 - 20 of 119 Posts