making tomorrow:

Antipasto
Turkey
basic turkey stuffing
shrimp cocktail
potatoes
stuffed celery
home made bread

anybody else cooking dinner? what are you having?

how many coming to dinner?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Where do you live

Man that sounds good me and the wife are going to my sister for dinner tomorrow and Friday we are cooking Turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing for my in-laws they are coming down Friday. So i will be very tired of turkey by Sunday:kookoo:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
Im cooking the dinner,
made black rasberry cheesecake, and a huge apple pie, dip, &
stuffed mushrooms; w/crabmeat tonight

making tomorrow:

Antipasto
Turkey
basic turkey stuffing
shrimp cocktail
potatoes
stuffed celery

anybody else cooking dinner? what are you having?

how many coming to dinner?
It was going good until I got to the stuffed mushrooms. I'm not a fungus fan. :barf: My wife is cooking our traditional Thanksgiving dinner.

Turkey
Gravy
Dressing
Mashed Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Cranberries
Cottage/Lime Party Salad
Relish Tray
Pumpkin Pie

YUM YUM:eat:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whats: Cottage/Lime Party Salad?

i love mushrooms it s my 1st time trying crabmeat stuffing...

I dont really like hot turkey dinner... but love leftover cold turkey sandwiches.. i eat the mushrooms and antipasto & skip the turkey

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Well, made up a few pies last night. As I type, I am getting the bird ready to start cooking.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!

Today is a travel day. I cooked a turkey dinner at home a couple of weeks ago. I cooked the bird on the grill using the rotisserie, mushroom and corn bread stuffing, and gravy. I got another turkey from work yesterday, so we do it again. Good thing I like turkey.

·
Registered
300 Posts
My wife is cooking a 20lb fresh turkey with bread stuffing, cranberry mold and my favorite - pumpkin chiffon pie. There will be some adult beverages served also!:thumbsup:

·
674 Posts
Turkey Nightmare!

Just got back home From the stores. Kids are hogging the TV so here I am at the tractor forum. Wife put the turkey in a leaky roasting pan..... smoked up the house and set off the fire alarms! I opened up windows and turned on fans. My eyes were burning from all the smoke... so I went to the store to get a new roasting pan (or to get out for awhile) The store was out of them..... went to another store and they were out of them too. The 3rd store was miles away but they had them, so 1-1/2 hrs later I am back home.... at least the smoke has had time to clear. Has anyone ate turkey that all the jucies have leaked out of? May be kind of dry..... I don't care though.... By the time that bird is cooked, I will be toasted myself.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Bad Day

Sorry to hear you've been having a bad day Ed. Hope everything works out and your bird isn't to dry. Also hope you get your TV back so you can watch some games. But if you don't you are more then welcome to come and chat with us.:thumbsup: Don't get to toasted:drinkin: my friend:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Also set off the smoke alarms. Pies ozzed over, and smoked BIG time. Also started a fire in the fire place, and before it cought it backdrafted BIG TIME. 7 AM and all the doors and windows are open in the house.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hry Ed & Ingersoll...

at least youll have good thanksgiving stories to tell next year...

Ed im guessimg youll always carry a spare pan and ingersoll i gues youll put a catch pan under those pies next year...

Im still full and trying to kill off the leftovers...

sj

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
starting a diet today...

plus i got 2 ton of recycled hot top to spread and unshovel from my trailer.. so i hope to work off that turkey...

sj

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
We are still recovering from the "herd" that we had over our house for turkey day.

Here are the numbers:

4 Turkeys (82lbs before cooking)
25 lbs of potatos
10 lbs of bread stuffing
3 pots of meat stuffing

God knows how much cranberry

7 apple pies
3 pumpkin pies
11 lbs of shrimp
12 cases of beer (still have four left)
10 bottles of wine (none left)

Total number of people:82

We had my family (total of 20 people)
my aunts and uncles and their families (about another 30) and my wifes family (12 people) Add in the others (friends, etc) it adds up really quick.

Thank God they don't show up all at once and all brought something.

Unfortunately, they all should have taken home some leftovers.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
82 people!!! What are you nuts?

wow.. is that a yearly event or a one time get together?

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
We do this twice a year. Thanksgiving and 4th of July. Really not that bad as long as they don't come at the same time.

It is more grazing than an actual meal. Everyone starts to show up around 10AM and usually stay til around midnight. They pick from a "buffet" that we keep on our kitchen counters.

We alternate whose house eash holiday is at. We do Turkey day and 4th of July, My folks do Christmas (usually over 100 people!!), my cousin does New Years and my uncle does Memorial Day. We also went through almost two propane cylinders as well.

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
Man....I was getting confused....:dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

Couldn't figure out why you guys were starting to cook already.... Isn't Thanksgiving not till Thursday??

Oh....... this is a thread from last year...Thanks a lot, Durwood..:duh: :duh: :duh:

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
We are going to Philadelphia to eat with my Filipino wife's relatives. The last time I did that, we had takeout Pizza:dazed: This will be different relatives and I had better see some turkey and mashed potatos, and some pumpkin pie! And no dried fish, or over cooked veggies. I'm getting a free turkey tonight on the way home from work, that I'll be cooking on Saturday. I did the whole dinner a couple of years ago when my wife was working, but it was for just 4 people. The 15 pound turkey made for a lot of good leftovers!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts