Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody going someplace warm (jody/andy - no need to rub it in) this winter?

We went to the florida keys last year the 2nd week of febuary.. it was wicked nice down there and while we were gone it hovered around -10 to -20 in maine.

We are going back the 7th to the 14th this year... its real nice 75 degrees, a constant warm breeze, fishing, water everywhere.. and best of all its not 20 below...

anybody else got getaway plans?

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well I'm on vacation

And the only warm place i am is in the house its cold outside about 50deg so I'm inside trying to stay warm.:smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
50! I thought i asked not to rub it in... actually its not that bad here today... around 28-30

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Rub it in

sj that cold to me when it gets in the 30s its way to cold.
Jody

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
....southerners!!!!! 50's to us is a heat wave. Break out the suntan lotion!!

We are planning on going to FLA in late february into March. I have a trade show near Ft. Lauderdale (Hollywood), and my wife's folks live across the state in Punta Gorda. I will drop the wife and boys off, spend the night, golf a little and then head to my trade show. I will then spend three days, golfing and working over customers and return to Punta Gorda for the rest of the week for a little R&R with the family.

We have twin babies, so flying will be a blast!!

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
May be getting to the golf cost of FL in late winter. If not I have to wait till spring and spend some time at the cape.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My wife and I are headed to Alabama this Saturday for two weeks to spend time our my son, daughter-in-law and two grandchildren. We are really looking forward to NO snow and a warmer climate for a short period of time. It will be just north of Birmingham; short sleeve shirt weather for a northerner.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got next week off of work. I hope to get my new garage / tractor shed sheetrocked during this time off. Finishing this project will be my winter plans. I'll try to post some pics of the progress.

coal_man

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Look forward to seeing them coal-man
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: Well I'm on vacation

Originally posted by jodyand
And the only warm place i am is in the house its cold outside about 50deg so I'm inside trying to stay warm.:smiles:
Jody
C'mon up here for a week Jody. When you get back, that 50* will feel like a warm spring day.:smiles:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Re: Re: Well I'm on vacation

Originally posted by Argee
C'mon up here for a week Jody. When you get back, that 50* will feel like a warm spring day.:smiles:
I think i will stay put till spring thank you very much for the offer tho.:hello:
Jody

·
91 Posts
VEGAS
April 17 to 24 (usually runs 75 - 85 deg then) and spend 1 day at the Laughlin River Run (MC Show) last time (5 yrs ago) there was 44,000 bikes there, lots of eye candy on 2 wheels and 2 legs
come on April

Archie

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Still a ways away

Its still four months to go my Friend Yea i bet they have alot of eye candy there. But when it does come and you are there be sure to get pictures to show us.:fineprint :smiles:
Jody

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Rodster: Marathon.. White sands inn. Pretty nice motel....

ive only been there once.. but as long as its 'doable' translated affordable, we would like to do it every year.. its a nice break in the cold long winter...

·
Registered
849 Posts
I got brave last year and went for a ride on an ultra light over the
water at Holliday Isle. It is about the 83MM ocean side. About 33 miles up from Marathon. It took me years to get brave enough to go up in it. I will send a picture of the ultra in a minute.
Rodster

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here is a picture of the ultra light as it was landing. that is not me on it in the picture. I took the next ride and had the camera with me. I loved it.
Rodster
PS...I will send one more picture of a shot from it

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Here is a shot from the ultra. The water is so clear that you can see the bottom. The dark water is a channel. Our boat is in the background. This is by the sandbar at Holliday Isle ( Ocean Side)
Rodster

Attachments

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
That looks like fun

That looks like fun Rodster bet you had a blast doing that.:thumbsup:
Jody

1 - 20 of 25 Posts