Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figure it would be kind of cool to have a full size train car on my land. Maybe an old box car, or a Caboose. Any one know of anyone that has one in there yard? If so, how do they find them? Just kinda a have to know a guy, that knows a guy?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
153 Posts
A house in my in my area actually has a caboose in their backyard. I think that they would make a pretty cool office
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Adamr88
A house in my in my area actually has a caboose in their backyard. I think that they would make a pretty cool office
Ya, or a REAL nice play house. I think a box car would make a dam good shed, or better, a nice home for my boat building shop, or a nice layout room, for my HO gage trains.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,567 Posts
That would definitely make a cool equipment shed. How would you move something like that to your property I wonder? :truth:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by Chief
That would definitely make a cool equipment shed. How would you move something like that to your property I wonder? :truth:
Probably a big flatbed. Probably need a crane to lift it off though. The best? Find an old trolly, or pas car, and set it on a lenght of track. Then build a station next to it. Give all the people on the Amtrac trains something to look at when they go by my land.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
There is a nice big dining car that is for sale and used only for "tours" in Clinton, LA ------- Dont know the asking price or anything....

Hmmmmmmm

Andy
 

·
EX Super Mod
Joined
·
5,317 Posts
Good luck finding a Caboose they stop using those a long time ago. And i think they have sold all of them to city's and people.
Jody
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by jodyand
Good luck finding a Caboose they stop using those a long time ago. And i think they have sold all of them to city's and people.
Jody
Oh I know. I have thought of making a replca though. Should not be THAT hard.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top