Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG I just have SO many things going I just don't know where to start. Anyone else out there like me, and just HAS to have one more project? "wow, hey maybe I will fix that now" It's a sickness I tell you.:dazed: :dazed: :dazed:

Here is a short list. And this is just SOME of MY stuff. Not eaven the house stuff I need to do.

the rebuild of my 444

rebuilding my trailer

fixing up my plow truck

lots of work to do on the N

restoring the Mustang

restoring the convertible

fixing up my two motorcycles

getting my Mom's JD112 up and running

tune up on the 224

gas leak on one of my vans

heat not working on anouther

my Jeeps does not start.

And it just keeps goining on and on and on........

Anyone else have this problem??????????

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Argee
You just need to pick one, finish it and go onto to the next. If you don't your going to get frustated with them all.
Finish????? Whats that??? Don;t know it I have ever heard that word before???????:truth: :truth: :D :D

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I have a ton of projects as well:

Finish basement workshop (wireing and lighting)

Rebuild stone walls around property (450 yds worth of stone in length, 25 completed)

Grind or pull out stumps

power wash the house

Rebuild a friends rider

Wash and wax our cars (kinda funny I baby the A's and the T's, but I neglect our everyday cars)

Finish new addition

Refinish kitchen hardwood floors

The list could go on and on.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by leolav
I have a ton of projects as well:

Finish basement workshop (wireing and lighting)

Rebuild stone walls around property (450 yds worth of stone in length, 25 completed)

Grind or pull out stumps

power wash the house

Rebuild a friends rider

Wash and wax our cars (kinda funny I baby the A's and the T's, but I neglect our everyday cars)

Finish new addition

Refinish kitchen hardwood floors

The list could go on and on.
LOL and if you are like me, with the baby you get a whole 2/3 hours a week to do it all.:) :)

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
The biggest one i have is running electricity to my shed I'm sick of pulling a cord out there when i need power.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
There is no future in keeping abreast of projects as a new one will always creep up and get in line with the others. Its a loosing situation, and rarely if ever someone can ever say they are all finished with everything.

Just a few of mine are:
Complete remodel of two smaller bathrooms into one larger bathroom.

Re-roof house with metal type roofing.
Build a new workshop (type construction still up in the air, steel or masonary)

Finish up my order of sundials for an ornamental garden supplier that I happened to stumble on when buying the wife a base pedestal to use to mount the sundial I cast for her. He seen the sundial and before I left he placed a pretty decent sized order for these items done in aluminum as well as bronze.....

Finish up my bandsaw I am making
Run approx 2600 feet of fencing
Clean a bunch of brush out of existing fenced area and run 3 strands of hot wire as well.

Make a new goat house

Make a new pier for the pond

Redo a few items on my homebrew vac cart

Buildup the spillway on my pond about 2 feet, so I can increase its depth (hence the need for a new pier as well)

Build a Goose house

Build a dog house for the fur kids to use if they get cold or it starts raining when they are out. Wife usually keeps an eye on the weather so they usually never get wet when it starts raining, but on occasion she slips up and her babies get wet. God forbide they may melt ;-)

Give garden another tilling.

Start on next years supply of firewood.

Numerous "must have " items for my shop

Fortunately all mechanical items are in good order, so no repairs are needed in this area.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
My wife told me if I don't finish some of the projects, I'll be buried in one of them. Hmmmmm, I wonder what she meant by that....:confused:

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Denial is not a river in Egypt

Sometime I feel like a mad scientist,so many things going thru my mind at the same time.Do not dwell on the projects that are in front of you.Guys like me have to have a full plate just to make life challenging.4 of my 8 tractors are canidates for restoration.I live in a house that is the 15th oldest in the county and have been putting it back in shape,staying true to it's roots.I have one shop going up, another needs concrete in the downstairs,a third I want to insulate and drywall.2 farms farm #1 is the family homestead left to me by my dear departed Mother.It came to me with a lot of baggage. So far I have removed over 50 junk vehicles,400 ton of scrap metal,bulldozed and burned 2 decrepid buildings,cleared 50 years of over growth in the yards around the house,had approximately 30 bon fires in the year that I owned it.That plus put about 8 acres back into production, vegtables and berries. Dad was a busy man and as he got older he was a soft touch for anybody that wanted to dump off thier crap.The place is looking good now. The house needs a lot of work,but it is livable.My youngest son is in it.Mom was an avid collector of fine antiques that My wife and I have catalogged and packed away.Still not sure what i am doing with most of that.When Mom died I had all the family members over and gave them Carte Blanc to take what they wanted.The house held 6 kids growing up,at the time I got it you would have a hard time sleeping 2.I am going to start an E-bay store for a lot of the stuff.
Farm #2 is a place I bought 4 years ago in the foothills.This place had not been farmed for 55 years. I did a five year deal with a local,for 30 acres ,he put in hay and has had 3 good crops.That arrangememnt has worked out so far.We are going ahead with plans to build our dream home there.It is going to be a true post and beam home made with timbers I have sawed myself. This property is a valley with a north facing and a south facing hill side. Our Home is going to face south overlooking the creek.Some of the eliments involved;passive and active Solar, Hydro electric from the creek using a pelton Wheel and storage batteries. drive in 10 foot basement,a great room with a stone mass wall for heat collection.So far I have the building site prepped, all the town officials on the same page,driveways installed,a 24 x 30 polebarn up with Electric.This house is going to have dry composting toilets and a grey water recovery system. all the energy efficient features are being subsidized by grants from the State and federal givernment.
Did I mention that I work a full time job plus run a bussiness.Truely blessed is what I am,I enjoy the chaos,and the fact that my two sons pitch in big time,also a wife that professes to love me. She backs whatever I do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts