Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a brinly 175 lb spreader last fall. The main reason i purchased it was to be able to spread sand on my driveway..

Well, the process was a failure from the get go. I have rear suitcase weights so had to get an extended hitch arm so that i could still use my weights. Got that extra long extender on and then, the little cotter pin in the spreader was not big enough to actually spread any sand. The sand was too wet and it would just spin but nothing came out.

So i got my welder guy to put a new replacement to the cotter pin in the shaft.. this was bigger and would push the sand around more.

I never really got to try it out. But this weekend i tried spreading lime. The thing sucked. It did not do anything just spun as in the gears were stripped so the tires spun but the spreader did not move only made a grinding noise.

I was pissed as ive spend about 150 for the spreader, then 20$ for the extender arm, then 10$ for the cotter pin shaft enhancement and the damned thing does not work.

I called brinly and no questions asked.. they are sending me out another gear assembly.
This is the 2nd time brinly has sent me replacement parts without any greif or charge or quibbling... the other was for my lawn sweeper.

I can not say that i am thrilled with the spreader, but i am at least very happy with their service...

Hell, the guy from brinly even e-mailed me their install instructions in PDF form because i dont have mine any more..

another reason why i would by a brinly product in the future...

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Good to know SJ. I always thought that the Brinly products were higher end. It is good that they stand behind their stuff like that.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Good news --- now if they just had better folks on the R&D engineering teams, it might be a even better place to do business with. I am glad that they stand behind their products, but in some cases, they need to build em better the first time so we have less chance to test their customer service capabilities.
:D

Good report, John.
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts