Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:smoking:

I sent an e-mail To Andy awhile ago with this copy wondering why the site was down and it returned saying he dont exist. Maybe he really is his AVATAR.

E-mail message

From: [email protected] Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 6:35am (PDT+2) To: [email protected] Subject: failure notice
Mail Delivery Notification
A message you sent earlier with the subject "Andy, Wuzzup?" has been returned to you because it could not be delivered to all of the intended recipients.

Here is what the remote mail system said the problem was:

<[email protected]>:
This user does not exist.
If you want to correct the addresses and resend your message, select the Edit Message button below. To see the complete delivery rejection notice, select the Show Details button.

From: __ [email protected] (Bronson) Date: __ Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 4:35am To: __ [email protected] Subject: __ Andy, Wuzzup? X-Spam-DCC: __ EATSERVER: arsenic 1166; Body=1 Fuz1=1 Fuz2=1 X-Spam-Checker-Version: __ SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on arsenic X-Spam-Level: __ *** X-Spam-Status: __ No, hits=3.0 required=7.0 tests=BAYES_56, RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET autolearn=no version=2.63
......Apology Accepted.......
Warning: mysql_query(): Unable to save result set in
/usr/home/domains/tractorforum.com/www/htdocs/forums

/admin/db_mysql.php on line 93
_
There seems to have been a slight problem with the TRACTORFORUM.COM database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser. An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
:question:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
maybe it was rejected when the site was down? not sure.. i just tried sending an e-mail im just curious if it gets the mail deamon return..

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Stewart
OK, it may sound foolish but what or who is deamon?:confused:
when you send e-mail to an unknown or bad email address the reply is usually a mail deamon message :devilish:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
So they mean like a real deamon and not a server name or something??? I have seen it before but never thought about what or where they come from. Just that stupid jeopordy information I guess. Thanks
:D

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i think if it were a real deamon it would be spelled demon.. :devilish: like a mysterious and evil mail devil somehow messed with your e-mail.. :furious:

i am not sure what the word deamon really even means.. I just know i get them when i send to a bad or non existent e-mail account name..

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
!!OOPS!!

:cpu: :devilish: :cpu:

BEWARE, Now I just got this e-mail.

From: [email protected](System_Anti-Virus_Administrator) Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 10:44am (PDT+2) To: [email protected] Subject: virus found in sent message ":)"
Attention: [email protected]
A virus was found in an Email message you sent. This Email scanner intercepted it and stopped the entire message reaching its destination.
The virus was reported to be:
Worm.Bagle.Gen-zippwd
Please update your virus scanner or contact your IT support personnel as soon as possible as you may have a virus on your system.
Your message was sent with the following envelope:
MAIL FROM: [email protected]
RCPT TO: _ [email protected]
... and with the following headers:
---
MAILFROM: [email protected]
Received: from unknown (HELO 90301FVL311) (208.46.106.17)
__by 0 with SMTP; 7 Apr 2004 10:44:01 -0500
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:43:59 -0600
To: [email protected]
Subject: :)
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
________boundary="--------rrhytyrvnjuumfmsddim"

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
well its clear to me now johnbron ..
Andy is pissed off at you and is sending you an alien virus...
:ufo: :worm:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOLL Thats funny simple_john
but he would be wasting his time cause this contraption is immune to any virus`es.NANA

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Yea the same here this morning and sent a email and got it back.
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
daemon (pronounced... day mon). It is a background process or task that has a job of doing something such as sending and receiving mail. Generally, it is something that starts and runs forever.

Now, a deamon.. that is another beast.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Andy, When I got that notice this morning it had a hot-link that I clicked on to send you mail and it definitly [email protected].
As far as the virus that was implied that might be a spoof also because I did a check on it at 3 different virus check sites and none of them have ever heard of it. :bouncy:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by johnbron

Andy, When I got that notice this morning it had a hot-link that I clicked on to send you mail and it definitly [email protected].
As far as the virus that was implied that might be a spoof also because I did a check on it at 3 different virus check sites and none of them have ever heard of it. :bouncy:

Same here and it was return to me also.
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Damb, You is quick at replying Jody. You are right in
:blacksuit and on the Ball---Room floor. :friends:

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
W32.Welchia.Worm

I have now had two viruses(worms) on my new laptop using Windows XP. The Blaster Worm and now this week, the W32.Welchia.Worm virus. Luckily, I was able to clean both without too much damage.
I never got a worm with my old Windows 98 machine. I have Norton on my XP machine but didn't have the most recent updates and took a hit. Twice. I am now updating Norton every week.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts