Allis Chalmers 608 LTD

Discussion in 'Simplicity' started by JimB3893, Dec 1, 2007.

1. JimB3893

JimB3893 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    I recently aquired an Allis Chalmers 608 LTD. I understand it was build by Simplicity. It is in pretty good shape, but needs a new grill. I need to find one.
    Any ideas?

Thanks

2. chrpmaster

chrpmaster New Member

May 5, 2004
    First of all welcome to the Tractor Forum!!

Second its always hard to locate parts for older machines like yours. I don't know if you have checked on the internet and googled your model. When I do it gives lots of sources for more info. Of course you can also check on ebay etc. Good Luck and let us know if you are successful.

Andy

3. JimB3893

JimB3893 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Thanks Andy. I am indeed searching on the web. That's how I found this forum. I'm sure that , somewhere out there is a grill just waiting for a good home.

4. Live Oak

Live Oak New Member

Dec 21, 2003
    Have you tried doing a Google search for tractor parts salvage? There are more than a few tractor salvage parts yards out there you can call around to and get some leads on who may stock the used parts you are after. That is how I got parts for my Kubota L245.

5. JimB3893

JimB3893 New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    Good idea. I'll give it a try. My first priority is to strip the engine and probably do rings, maybe valve guides or more depending on what I find. If I can't find a grill on line, I'll begin looking around in the spring.

Thanks