Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilding the engine of an Allis 180 diesel & looking for a crankshaft gear & the double gear idler that runs against it. The local Allis dealer is asking over $700.00 for these two gears, surely there are some 180's that have been salvaged out there with these two gears in good shape. If anyone has a good lead please E-mail me at [email protected]

Frank at Holz Equipment Service

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Are you keeping an eye on ebay in the tractor section for a parts tractor? That might be you best bet and most reasonable price. I just saw a McCormick W-9 parts tractor go for about $200. Have you checked with any tractor salvage yards? I can give you some links and info. for some. I have had to replace them on John Deere diesels and they are NOT cheap either.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just stated looking today, Abilene Machine was supposed to call back but have not as of yet, have several salvage yards that we haven't checked with yet.

Thanks-Frank

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome back big allis i take it you had to sign up again
Jody

·
Registered
361 Posts
:smoking: I am looking at my Valu-Bilt catalog and see no gear that you mentioned but a complete re-ground crank is $670.99 so the $700 for a gear price sounds outrageous.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the concern from everybody. After checking all the salvage yards that we have on the list & finding none, we bit the bullet & ordered a new set. They came in yesterday & I plan on completing the overhaul next week.

Frank at Holz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts