Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any one know what size belt or the belt number the belt runs off the motor to the pump but l don't have the belt

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
You can alway try carefully wrapping a similar thickness piece of rope in place and then having a parts shop match the loop length if you can look up or find out the proper part #. This might do in a pinch.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I had once seen a v-belt that you cut to size and it had two plates that screw together to hold it together. It was a temp belt for your car i think i seen it at a auto parts store. If you could find it you could make it up take it to a auto parts store and they could measure it and get the size.
Jody

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Good call Jody! I was thinking about one of those but they cost even more than a new belt. Still can keep it around for emergencies.

·
Registered
518 Posts
srry jbetts i dont do ya have a local allis dealer or maybe try local lawn n garden trctr dealer or go to yer local auto parts an tell them wat yer lookin for thy prob have listing in there parts book for belts i know ive gone into local auto parts wth out belt n got one by just tellin them wat it was for :jumpropeb

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by bigallis
srry jbetts i dont do ya have a local allis dealer or maybe try local lawn n garden trctr dealer or go to yer local auto parts an tell them wat yer lookin for thy prob have listing in there parts book for belts i know ive gone into local auto parts wth out belt n got one by just tellin them wat it was for :jumpropeb
belts are no problem but some allis parts l need like the seat and some other thinks

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
You can probably find out your belt size here and maybe score some parts from the classifieds here:

http://www.simpletractors.com/default.htm

It is a forum just for older Simplicity and Allis Chalmers tractors and should be a good sourse of info for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts