Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
copy/paste --------

All Persons in the United States who purchased, between August 1, 1996 and January 30, 2004, an electric air compressor manufactured, imported, licensed or distributed by Campbell Hausfeld, DeVilbiss Air Power Co., Ingersoll-Rand Co., or Coleman Powermate, Inc., and which identified on its label a horsepower that is not continuous running horsepower.

...will provide to each Eligible Claimant an Award with an approximate retail value of up to $50...

Full Settlement information: http://www.aircompressorsettlement.com/

Campbell Hausfeld
CH Extreme
Farmhand
Husky (models beginning with FP, WL, HS, VS, VT)
Husky Pro (models beginning with HS, VS, VT)
IronForce
Maxus
Power Pro

DeVilbiss' air compressors were sold under the following brand names:

2X4
Accuspray
Air America
American IMC
Blue Point
Charge Air Pro
Companion
Craftsman
DAPC
Delta
Delta Shopmaster
Delta Workshop
DeVilbiss
Ex-Cell
Force International
Husky
Impact
Ingersoll-Rand
Matco
Porter-Cable
Power Tools
Pro 4000
Pro Air
Pro Air II
Rand 4000
Senco
Snap-On
Speedaire
Steel Driver Series
Superior Fastener
Tradesman
W R Brown
Westward

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Thanks toba i have one of those. Now what should i get help me make up my mind.

1. ETR 381 3/8 inch air ratchet + EAX6 Blowgun;
2. 3/8 inch 25 foot rubber hose + EAX7 Tire inflator with gauge + Roll Teflon Tape;
3. ETX-1 Mini rotary air tool + 3/8 inch 25 foot rubber hose + Blowgun;
4. 2 - 3/8 inch 25 foot rubber air hose (50 foot total) + Roll Teflon Tape; or
5. D28632 Paint Spray Gun + PTA19, 8-piece metric/standard deep socket impact set + Roll Teflon Tape.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well i just submitted my claim now just have to wait and see:smoking:

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Yep me too --- I have a Porter-Cable 6 HP, 25-Gallon compressor.
It has worked well for me just fine. Not the biggest or the best,
but a nice unit for my needs. Note the fine print:

Eligible claimants may redeem their Awards during the period of December 10, 2004 through and including January 21, 2005.
Ripe for a little holiday shopping??? :D :D :D

Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Hey Andy i think you have the same one as me:D

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
D*mn, my PC "pancake" compressor is only 2 HP peak! I probably wouldn't be able to run the 3/8 air ratchet or the mini rotary tool anyway. The tire inflator would have been nice though.

Good luck, Jody and Andy. I hope you get yours in a timely manner. :)

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Funny ---- ad for compressor states the "running" HP now, is that a new statement b/c of this legal action?

Model CPF6025VP
6 Peak HP, 2.0 HP Running
32 gallon equivalent tank size as compared to conventional 125 PSI models

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by admin
Funny ---- ad for compressor states the "running" HP now, is that a new statement b/c of this legal action?

Model CPF6025VP
6 Peak HP, 2.0 HP Running
32 gallon equivalent tank size as compared to conventional 125 PSI models
Thats the same model as mine. Mine was made in 2001 but it run my DA sander and body file pretty good.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
i read about this a while ago.. I did not put my name in because it seemed they were targetting CH...

I have to reevaluate it though..
I buy all my compressor stuff from them..

Ive got the CH paint gun, impact and wratchet wrenches, the compressor itself, along with the 17 pc kit..

from my understanding they were not giving you a rebate only if they won the court decision...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by simple_john
i read about this a while ago.. I did not put my name in because it seemed they were targetting CH...

I have to reevaluate it though..
I buy all my compressor stuff from them..

Ive got the CH paint gun, impact and wratchet wrenches, the compressor itself, along with the 17 pc kit..

from my understanding they were not giving you a rebate only if they won the court decision...
They already reach a Settlement its up to the judge to say whether its ok or not.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Has anyone heard anything on this :question:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well got home today and check my mail and guess what was in the mail. A letter telling me that i have been deemed eligible to receive an Award under the DeVilbiss Air Compressor Settlement for my claim. Just have to check what package i want and mail it back to them. Anybody else get a letter yet:question:

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Yea, and I wonder what kind of package the shark lawyers get paid with......I seriusly doubt any of them know what a DA sander is or an air drill yet alone have a need for an air hose.........I think they should just send checks to all those that were approved. They just still come out head, as it probably costs them less than $5 to make 50 bucks worth of materials........

1 - 20 of 41 Posts