Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a nice corner to my garden today --- added (3) 5G Purple Fountain grasses in front of and in a semi-circle one very large Alphonse Karr Bamboo. This bamboo is really nice and colorful ---
green vertical lines on nice 2" yellow stalks. Mulched it all in with cypress and put in soaker hoses & connected to existing soaker system. Should be really nice once it all fills out. Going to keep the bamboo cut back to around 7-8' tall -----

In any case, just wanted to share my little garden adventure.

:pencil sm

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
I doubled the size of my garden today. I put down 450 lbs. ammonium nitrate, 300 lbs. of 19-19-19, and 550 lbs. of lime. I am waiting for the soil to dry out a little before I take the pto tiller to it. I want to make the rows wider this year so I can just run the small 5 hp tiller up the rows to keep the weeds at bay.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Yet another reason to buy the pto spreader. This is the last year I am spreading this stuff by hand in the push drop spreader. I must have walked 10 miles altogether. turtle

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
Yet another reason to buy the pto spreader. This is the last year I am spreading this stuff by hand in the push drop spreader. I must have walked 10 miles altogether. turtle
Yea but think of the exercise you got doing it:D :furious:
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by Chief
I doubled the size of my garden today. I put down 450 lbs. ammonium nitrate, 300 lbs. of 19-19-19, and 550 lbs. of lime. I am waiting for the soil to dry out a little before I take the pto tiller to it. I want to make the rows wider this year so I can just run the small 5 hp tiller up the rows to keep the weeds at bay.
Going to try the same with mine this year. Wanted to last year, but the wife wanted them closer. Wellllllll,, guess I won THAT one!:D SHE had to do most of the weeding.

Oh and ya. Comon Andy get on the stick. No pictures??????:) ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts