Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a fun little addition... now when you simply "mouse over" on any post, it lets you read the first 300 characters of it --- kinda fun, no biggie --- just a little php coding and hack installation.

Hope you like it.
Andy

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Cool

I like it neat.:smiles:
Jody

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I was under view new posts and tried it... didn't see it working. I moused_over the title of the post, the poster, the bulb, etc. And yes, I waited a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
T,

It is kinda just a novelty but at least it might actually help on some un-related posts that might sound legit. ;) --- dunno. Thought it might be fun feature to add.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I drilled into a group in the forum and did the mouse_over there and it worked. Neat. I like it. Maybe might be nice for viewing last post to a thread when in "view new posts".

Pretty cool.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Nice feature Andy. It saves time. You can glance at a post and see if you want to read the whole thing.

Can you set the timer a little longer?

:winky:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
You mean you type faster then you read

Originally posted by Argee
Can you set the timer a little longer?

:winky:
I figured as fast as you type you would read faster:smiles: outta here
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I will work on setting the timer a little higher so that certain people can read it. ;) -----------> thanks for the input. It is set to include the first 300 characters at the moment, any need to increase/decrease that?

Andy
:bouncy:

·
Premium Member
1,364 Posts
The popup stays on for 3 seconds on my screen. Just curious, would that vary depending on computer processor speed? The amount of text displayed seems good to me. My eyes take a little longer to focus than they used to. A longer display time will help.
Thanks Andy,

Mark

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
I'm lost...

Andy,

Could you please give a little more detailed instructions on how to get this feature to work?

Tnx

Greg

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
It does not seem to work on a Mac....runs off to put on flame-proof underwear..... when using Safari.

However it will work if I use Internet Explorer.

Pretty cool feature!

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Greg -> click on the TF logo at the top to go to the main page. From there, click into any of the topic sections. Once you get to a thread, move the mouse over the subject line and let it sit there a second. You should see a pop-up box show up with the first part of the thread. I have found that this feature does not work (for me) when browsing through "view new posts".

MowHoward -> UPGRADE to a PC. :D

Memmurphy -> probably wouldn't changed based on Mhz. A clock tick is a clock tick to all computers. Basically clock ticks are the same otherwise your computer wouldn't be able to tell time properly.

Argee -> You can read faster if you stop moving your lips when reading :lmao:

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
So thats it

Thats his problem:hello:
( Argee -> You can read faster if you stop moving your lips when reading )

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Jody

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
By Jove! Tisenberg, I think your on to something!! :truth:
:dazed:
Or is that, On something......HA HA HA HA HA .....I crack myself up.... :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
It has changed slightly. I think a few more were added. I'd like to see that horizontal and vertical scroll box reworked. It's hard to find stuff in it. Might be better to be two rows that only scrolls up and down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts