1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
That and before is when Gilbert and others made what were called real toys......todays toys for the ost part are fantasy items............the old stuff were fuctional and factual and also taught as you played even if it was a Kenner Girder and Panel building set or a set of lincoln logs, or an Erector set........The later erector sets got to be pretty darn chessy.......battery powered motors and plastic gear boxes, where that old 110VAC motor with builtin gear box that 4 or 5 selectable gears by sliding the shift lever was pretty darn powerfull.........My neighbor and I used to rig up a trolly line between his house and mine and shuttle our toy soldiers etc back and forth between the two houses.........

Or how about the old Mattel Bulldozer or Bull dog Tank that would pull a wagon with 200 pounds of load and still push dirt at the same time or that big old Battle ship the Fighting lady that Mattel also made back in the 50's very early 60's.......awesome toys for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've still got my old erector set with the 110 Volt motor. My Kenner girder and panel set wore out and is gone now. And Ive got most of my old British made Matchbox cars, still in the boxes. I always put them in their boxes when finished playing with them. I can remember building almost anything my imagination could think of. I've probably still have my Lincoln log set somewhere. Todays toys don't seem to need any imagination, just a joystick and video screen. I still don't play computer games. I remember playing with my brother's Atari 25 years ago and just not seeing the facsination.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts