Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been posted on another forum that sadly Ingersoll is no longer going to be producing any more tractors just parts. If this is infact true then it is a sad day indeed. I have only had my 30 year old 644 loader tractor for about 3 months and think it is one of the best things that I have acquired thus far in my life. It's a shame that this caliber of product will no longer be available.

My opinion of course.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
I've just e-mailed Ingersoll directly in hopes of getting the truthfull info ASAP. I will keep you all posted. This would be bad news indeed! These tractors may not enjoy the mass market appeal of some other brands, but they will match up to any of the competition very well.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Ingersoll's web site still shows the tractors and loaders, so I don't know what to think. I hope that they get back to me soon so we will all know.

Case644,
Would you mind telling me which forum you saw this posted?

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
It was posted to the Yahoo forum. I just read it myself. I am hoping it is not true.

Ingersoll makes[made??] and AWSOME tractor. Top notch hardware, hell for strong, and pretty much indructable. I think if they had put a little more effort in to getting the name out there, and into the minds of the "man on the street" they may have sold a lot more. Ya they were not cheep, but eather are any of the other top end brands. And if they are done, one part of me is glad that they never loaded there tractors down with all the frilly stuff. Tough and bult for fuction to the end!!

Lets hope this is just a rumer, but if not at least there is TONS of used Case's, and Ingersoll's out there for the fans to play[ahh I mean work:D ] with.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
No word from Ingersoll yet.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Still no news from Ingersoll.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
No news yet. I can't find a peep of this in any of the industry news sites, Ingersoll's site, the parent company's site, and all the dealer web sites are still advertising the tractors.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Well Joe maybe a false rumor. I hate to see it come to a end also they do make a great tractor they just need a better dealer network.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Originally posted by jodyand
Well Joe maybe a false rumor. I hate to see it come to a end..........
That's what I'm hoping, because in my fantasy barn full of tractors, there will be space among the green ones for at least 2 Ingersolls.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
That's what I'm hoping, because in my fantasy barn full of tractors, there will be space among the green ones for at least 2 Ingersolls.

Well see I would like a green or a few red[Greavely red] mixed in with my barn ful of case/ingersolls. Plus a nice shiny new 4020ps was REALY wanted!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
All,
It had been posted on the yahoo forum by someone that says they are an Ingersoll dealer. I did the same as Bontai and have sent the company an e-mail and have yet to hear a reply. My normal parts supplier is on vacation so I haven't been able to contact him either to check. Not sure why someone would start an unsubstantiated rumor of this kind for a tractor that only has a relativly small following unlike the other big brands. It does make sense in this day and age since I'm sure that Ingersoll is not selling the thousands of tractors the other big makers are and probably isn't very cost effective for them to continue something that doesn't make the a big profit. After all everything is about the money not the longevity or quality of a product anymore in my opinion. Ingersoll is probably looking at it as a losing investment and rather than keeping the unit running is better too just let it fade away as so many others. Look at the new Indian motorcycle company. The new motorcycles were extremely popular and getting one was very hard to do but the company closed it's doors because it wasn't making enough of a profit to keep the investors happy. Just my opinion of course till we get an actual response for Ingersoll with a yes or no or untill someone talks to their local Ingersoll dealer. Should have gotten more info before I posted I guess but after reading it it just so insensed me that maybe I jumped the gun a little. If it isn't true then I apologize for carrying on an unsubstatiated rumor and if it is true then it is truely a sad day.

Bob

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by case644
All,
It had been posted on the yahoo forum by someone that says they are an Ingersoll dealer. I did the same as Bontai and have sent the company an e-mail and have yet to hear a reply. My normal parts supplier is on vacation so I haven't been able to contact him either to check. Not sure why someone would start an unsubstantiated rumor of this kind for a tractor that only has a relativly small following unlike the other big brands. It does make sense in this day and age since I'm sure that Ingersoll is not selling the thousands of tractors the other big makers are and probably isn't very cost effective for them to continue something that doesn't make the a big profit. After all everything is about the money not the longevity or quality of a product anymore in my opinion. Ingersoll is probably looking at it as a losing investment and rather than keeping the unit running is better too just let it fade away as so many others. Look at the new Indian motorcycle company. The new motorcycles were extremely popular and getting one was very hard to do but the company closed it's doors because it wasn't making enough of a profit to keep the investors happy. Just my opinion of course till we get an actual response for Ingersoll with a yes or no or untill someone talks to their local Ingersoll dealer. Should have gotten more info before I posted I guess but after reading it it just so insensed me that maybe I jumped the gun a little. If it isn't true then I apologize for carrying on an unsubstatiated rumor and if it is true then it is truely a sad day.

Bob
Does anyone know where these tractors are made? From what i have seen they look like they are built like a tank, but i have heard others say you can get a diesel c.u.t. for not much more money and that is where the problems lies I.M.O. You can make a nice product but people are only gonna pay so much for it when there are other options out there.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
They are US built. And the new loader tractors are whats in the CUT price range. As for the GT's they are in the higher range, but no worse then the other preamum brands.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
They are built in Winneconne, Wisconsin.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
All,
Sent an e-mail to the dealer I buy parts from, on the off chance he would reply, and he said he just heard today and it isn't good. His comments were doesn't sound good. Looks like no tractors or attachments just parts. He is going to try to get the details and let me know.

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Everyone, I just called the Ingersoll Plant in Winneconne, WI and talked to the switchboard operator there and she confirmed that only parts will continue to be made there. Real sorry to hear that myself. They were /are great tractors. Bill

·
Premium Member
4,169 Posts
Thanks Bill for the info. I've not heard back from my e-mail.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts