Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
good pics.. pretty scarey.. those dozer operators are pretty impressive.. ive had my excavator work his dozer (nothing like in the pics) but its amazing.. ive seen him look like its going to tip or fall over but it never does.. Well except for the case in your pics..

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
OUCH! That looks nasty! I'll bet the guy is asking folks at his new job if they want fries with that.:D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by farmallmaniac
wow i hope he had a change of cloths with him:D :bouncy:
My guess would be that the operator of this dozer is now a Benefactor Life Member of the "Superman Club" and has HUGE rust stains in his draws to prove it. :cowboy: :tractorsm :spinsmile

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This definitely looks like a job for Big Allis! ;) :D Think you could drive that off of the wall BA? How in the world would you ever get that dozer down without rolling it? :confused:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
I would have tried just raising the blade and driving it down the hill. Risky but it looks like it might have worked.:smoking:

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Originally posted by Stewart
I would have tried just raising the blade and driving it down the hill. Risky but it looks like it might have worked.:smoking:
who knows whats below though...

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Boy

You can tell the ones who never work at a strip mine. That happens all the time i have seen it 3 or 4 times but they had always backed off. They just ride it down, the blades are so big that they just drop it and glides down and then they just back up the ramp and start doing there job as if nothing happen. The blades on these dozer's are so big they have to back everywhere they go because they cant see over the blade when it in the up position. That is why they don't turn over as they ride down the embankment. Its really no big deal to them but when you don't ever see something like that i guess its a big deal:D
Jody

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
I used to do allot of work at strip mines in Texas and North La. they are digging Lignite out of the ground. Lignite is coal before it has the chance to become coal:lmao: Its more sand then coal but they burn it to make electricity and it takes allot of it to make the BTUs that you get from coal. So a strip mine is a very deep hole in the ground that they dig to get to it then they have to back fill what they already dug.
Jody

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jody,

That's pretty neat about your coal mining experience.

I work as an engineer for a coal mining company in east KY. All of our company's mining operations are underground mines (greater than 400' below the surface). In east KY, surface mines or strip mines are high on the mountain and companies remove the tops of the mountain to remove the coal underneath.

coal_man

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
coal man,
i wouldn't coal mining experience i work on conveyor belts but they had some impressive machine in them places for digging the dirt out. At TUMCO in Fairfield's Texas they had a machine that dug dirt it was made by Demag. It had two bucket wheels for digging one on an upper level and one on the lower level. They each conveyed the dirt to this one massive machine that had a 200 meter conveyor belt that dump the dirt into the pit where they already mine the Lignite back filling if you want to say. This massive machine ran on tracks as did the bucket wheels it was an awesome thing to see. They would not allow cameras so i never got any pictures if they had those one time cameras like they have now i would have smuggle one in. But anyway after this thing dug down as deep as it wanted the drag lines would come and take the last few feet of dirt out and start removing the Lignite. Thats another big a$$ machine you could take a full size truck drive in to the bucket and turn around and come back out without stopping alot of dirt can be move with those drag lines. But i can say i have worked in the salt mines:D really worked in the salt mines down in South La at Morton salt been down in that mine don't care to ever go back. I was working on a belt and heard a big noise turn and look and there was a big pile of salt that wasn't there before. Kept thinking this place is going to cave in on me. Darkness first place i have been that was that dark we turn off the lights on our hard hats and i mean dark it was dark that pretty much gave me a big respected for the men who have to work in there. And when you go down you are down for 12 hours you cant just go to the lift and say bring me up they only run them once every 12 hours. Unless someone gets hurt.
Jody

1 - 20 of 28 Posts