Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
beats a good day at work any time. Spent the day with my A$$ stuck to the tractor seat. Fertilized, planted and cultipacked some winter rye on a little over one acre field.:smiles: Any time I can get some quality seat time, is a good time. Then I spent the balance of the afternoon running the lawn sweeper behind the garden tractor.

Boy what a difference going from the FNH to the GT5000. I'll take the FNH any day. :smiles: :smiles:

What did you do with your Sunday???

·
Registered
99 Posts
Helped close up my sisters pool and then my oldest daughter had a volleyball championship game they WON!!! Great job. Then got together with the wifes family as her aunt from florida is here visiting. other than that just loafed around. Wheeew glad it is almost over.:sleep:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I Tutored (by Phone) one of my Colleges new CIS Students.

He's learning QBasic, and doesn't seem to understand that it needs to be done in a certain order, or it WON'T WORK!!!!

I'll meet him again at 8am, so I hope he'll listen better then (or buy Breakfast!!)

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
I spent most of the day sanding, grinding, staining and painting....tools.

Got a pair of 60+ year old tin snips done, about the same vintage pliers, crescent wrench, pry bar painted, and the wooden handles stained and finished (red mahogany) on a triangle file, vinyl cutter and stubby flat screwdriver. Got the handle sanded and ready for stain/finish on a small ballpeened(sp) hammer.

Tomorrow will be the hammer, some chisels, putty knife and another cutter. I need another coat of orange paint on the inside of the wheel barrow, then I'll start getting the rivets out of Dad's toolbox to get that restoration started.

Yesterday was yard day. Blew a bunch of maple seeds together in piles and then vacumed them up on our circle drive. (See Andy's review of the Toro Blower/Vac in Tool Time.)

All in all a great weekend.

Greg

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Got a good bit of tractor time in on saterday. Got my N up and running after finishing up the hydro mods I have been doing to it.[See the N bourd for details.:cool: :D ] Trove that around a bit. Used the snow plow on it to knoch down all the dead plants in the garden, so I can till it.

Then I fired up the Ingersoll 444 and tilled the garden. Macking it a little bigger for next year.

After that, I got on the Ingersoll 224 and moven some stuff around the yard. Moving all my tow behind stuff to one place for the winter, moving stuff from house to shed, then more from shed to house, dumped a load of rocks that had been in my cart most of the summer also. After that, I hitched up the wood splitter to it. I have not hooked it up in a few years, and some things needed to be repaired.

So all in all, I had a good day. Got a ton of stuff cleaned up around the house, and eaven got some fixing done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got a little seat time on the tractor Saturday. Pulled out a couple of trees that had fell into the field.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts