Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to reports I have received from friends at work, a coworker and plant manager of one of our systems in LA was murdered this evening by his ex-father-in-law. He was shot from long range by a deer rifle, then shot 4 times at point-blank range by the same gun once down. The father-in-law then shot himself with .45 handgun. I was not extremely close to this man, but I have worked around him and known him for a few years. He was always a kind, energetic and responsible person to be around on all occasions. Strange thing is that I spoke to him today in a manager's meeting. I cannot relate to this type of evil behaviour nor to this senseless act of murder. This is the only report I can find on it online thus far:

http://www.dailyworld.com/html/8CD4188E-6532-477B-B71E-EA6B01DBCDA7.shtml

I was called by my Director to advise me of the occurance just a couple hours ago. I cannot imagine the pain and sadness that his family and children must be experiencing. I just wanted to share this with my extended family and friends here at TF. I assume the funeral will be in a few days. Dont know what else to say at this point. I will go pray and sit quietly for a while.

Andy

·
a day ahead of y'all
1,311 Posts
A tragic thing, Andy.

The activity director at the convalescent home my Dad is in went with her brother to their Fathers funeral a couple of days ago. On the way back they stopped at the brothers house for a minute and someone fatally shot him in the head. Don't know who or why yet. What is really bad is he had the beauty/barber shop in the home and his sister now has to also take care of settling his affairs at the shop where she still works.

Thoughts for his family and you.

Greg

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Andy

You are in my thoughts. Tragidy and sorrow around the holidays sure puts a damper on things.Once again we are remionded of what is really important.Hold on to and hug the ones you love.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
Re: Andy

Originally posted by slipshod
You are in my thoughts. Tragidy and sorrow around the holidays sure puts a damper on things.Once again we are remionded of what is really important.Hold on to and hug the ones you love.
Here..Here...Those are words to live by..........

My condolences to the families involved in this tragic loss.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
dittos with slip and Argee. man thats horrible, any details or reasons why? although no reason justify's that...

sj

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
We had in the course of one week a couple of years ago, one co-worker kill himself in the parking lot and three days later another one have a heart attack in the bathroom stall. Really sent this place for a loop.

Our prayers are with you and your co-workers.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by simple_john
dittos with slip and Argee. man thats horrible, any details or reasons why? although no reason justify's that...

sj
Apparently he had recent run-ins with his ex-father-in-law and he pressed assault and battery charges against him. Apparently there was a warrant out for his arrest and to get back at his ex-son in law he shot him. Strange thing is that the father-in-law's actual son actually works for our company as well in the same location of the state. Must be a strange feeling to work around him today.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Andy there are no good words at times like this. Anger and depression can destroy a persons mind and heart quicker than anything. Only the God of the universe knows why these things happen so we will lift the families up to Him in prayer.

·
Tractor Lover
4,461 Posts
I can only imagine what goes through someones mind when they decide to take another persons life for a senseless reason. It happens daily in this world. It's scary to think a former disgruntled employee could walk in and start shooting aimlessly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It does not have to be a former employee it can be anyone. We laugh at our company policy about no weapons in the work place, in our trucks, or on company property like that policy would stop anyone who went off the deep end?? :question:

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
I'm sorry Mr. Employee, you cannot do that.

1) It is against company policy to bring weapons to work... you can get fired for that.

2) It is against the law to shoot people, you can go to jail.

Like cornfused said, if your off the deep end, your not worried about the law, rules, etc. It just *** BANG ***

I think the real thing is, they are not really there, there is someone else driving in that brain of theirs. It makes no sense for people to just wake up and say.... "hmmm, think I'll go kill somebody". It comes down to chemical science that we still do not understand. Years from now, they will probably be able to do a DNA test or something and tell if you are a candidate for suicide. The one act that you get in trouble for attempting, but not in trouble (on earth) for succeeding.

It really sucks. I remember seeing that stuff when I was younger, didn't think much about it. Now that I have kids, those things bother me more and more.

Even other things bother me more now. Do you remember the scene in Con Air where the pedifile (sp?) is sitting in the drained out pool with the little girl having a tea. My wife and I looked at each other weird. In the end, he never did anything wrong, it just bothered me. My daughter was 3 at the time.

·
Registered
38 Posts
<i>"It comes down to chemical science that we still do not understand. Years from now, they will probably be able to do a DNA test or something and tell if you are a candidate for suicide. The one act that you get in trouble for attempting, but not in trouble (on earth) for succeeding."</i>

I guess this would be the best forum for this reply.
I don't agree with you entirely. The problem is sin, satan, and man's sinfull nature. I have never heard of a born again Christian who is serving and worshiping God going "postal" and killing people. Once the heart is cleansed and the man is made "a new creation" the whole outlook on life and it's problems changes. Now don't take that wrong, Christians have great troubles at times too and many are driven to the brink of what they can stand, but God has promised not to put more on us than we can take. Sorry for the rant but I have not been known to call a spade anything but a spade and sin IS the reason for all of man's trouble.
:fineprint There is a real good book to back this up, it's called the Bible.

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Understand, but don't think that sin and satan are the only reasons. You say a born Christian.... What about those priest getting caught being to freindly with children? "Born again" doesn't cover it. Sin/Satan... ya, could, but did Satan tell the Catholic priest to get together with a kid? Guess you could say deep down inside it happened. What about people who harm themselves and/or others due to depression. This is a proven chemical problem. Did Satan tell them to jump off the bridge? If he did, is it that they can only hear him now because their chemical's are not in balance.

Again, I understand and agree in concept, I just don't think it is that clear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Point taken about the chemical imbalance, just saying that in the begining in the garden of Edon man had no problems, then enters satan and sin and it's been downhill ever since.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cornfused,
Although I have no disagreement that if one follows Christian principles that they would not murder another person. However, through out history, more people have been killed in the name of religion than perhaps any other reason. My point is, being a Christian or any a member of any other religion is not enough. You have to also conduct your life in a moral fashion which means not harming another individual.

To cold-bloodedly and systematically kill someone like the father-in-law did has to be the result of some imbalance, chemical or otherwise.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thank you all for your warm and thoughtful comments. My friend was buried this past Friday and while it was a senseless tragedy, I cannot comment on the "emotional/chemical imbalance" of his ex-father-in-law. He alone will have to deal with his actions and the consequences of his evil doings. I thank you again for the support in my time of personal sorrow.

Andy

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I have to mainly agree with Cornfused on this one, some one saying they are christian, even a priest, does not make it so. Any one who would harm a child IS NO CHRISTIAN!!!

They may think they are, or hope they are or wish they were, but obviously, it isn't there!

Just my 2c.:fineprint

1 - 19 of 19 Posts