Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some information about a top end knock. Can anyone tell me what to look for or what could be causing the knock. I think it’s responsible for a oil blow by as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tractor Forum

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hello Mitchell803, welcome to the forum.

Have you checked your engine oil level? You may have a bad injector, putting too much diesel fuel into one cylinder? Where are you seeing the oil blow? Out the crankcase vent line? Or out the exhaust?

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Get the engine knocking..
While it’s running, loosen the injector line AT THE INJECTOR.. & see if the knocking stops.. if not, tighten the line up and move to the next.. keep doing that until you find the cylinder responsible for the knock..
Then pull that injector out and have it tested or simply put it in another hole and see if the noise follows the injector or stays on that original cylinder..
Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello Mitchell803, welcome to the forum.

Have you checked your engine oil level? You may have a bad injector, putting too much diesel fuel into one cylinder? Where are you seeing the oil blow? Out the crankcase vent line? Or out the exhaust?
Out the dipstick tube

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get the engine knocking..
While it’s running, loosen the injector line AT THE INJECTOR.. & see if the knocking stops.. if not, tighten the line up and move to the next.. keep doing that until you find the cylinder responsible for the knock..
Then pull that injector out and have it tested or simply put it in another hole and see if the noise follows the injector or stays on that original cylinder..
Good luck.
We tried that and the knock did not stop

·
Premium Member
1,498 Posts
Was the inj pump replaced with the exact same pump number.??
Or did u just order one for a take 35.??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts