Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out there on Friday/Saturday and got my blades spinning on my bushhog and finally got those darn buttercup yellow weeds cut and under control. I did get to use my middlebuster to open up some areas that had gotten flat and contributed to poor drainage. I also got a chance to work the box scraper a little bit.
I will post up some pics later this week as I get time...

Anyone else work their 8N in this way? I am really interested in getting a Dearborn 2-bottom plow.

Andy

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
well l didn't work with a 9n because l don't have one would be nice but l did l my yard and putting up a shed keep having fun with that 9n :D :D

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Andy, now you need to get the manurer spread. Do you have a sewage refuse recycler near you in your area? They mix up a treated batch of sewage into a liquid slurry and spread for you for free in most cases. It is safe to use as it has been treated in sewage digesters and had lime added to it to neutralize the ph and stabilize it. Then it is either dried out or spread in liquid form. I have a cousin who does this in Virginia (Recyc Systems) they spread it on my father's farm and it grows some really good crops and is a heck a of a lost cheaper than fertilizer.

How is the weed n feed working? The weed plants (broad leafs) should be shriveling up.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sewage refuse recycler? Never heard of that. Who would I call to find that out? A liquid slurry --- like a frothy smoothie to drink? :furious: ----------- Sounds cool and spread for free? That is really cool ---- Let me know.

Weed n Feed --- doing really well.....yellowing out and dying now. :D

Andy

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Wish I could be using mine:cry: :cry:

Still no attachments, and winters still here. So the N just sits there waiting............................................

·
91 Posts
sewage recycler

Andy
First place to check would be whoever runs the sewage treatment plant in your city/ town That being said, there is a lot of variables involved, they probably wouldn't do anything less than 20 acres, can't be within city limits, can't be close to water ways or even large ditches and has to be ok'd by what ever governing body that regulates it in your gov't, but it does work good and if it's liquid and they inject it you get your ground roughly worked up in the deal

Archie

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Re: sewage recycler

Originally posted by archyb2
Andy
First place to check would be whoever runs the sewage treatment plant in your city/ town That being said, there is a lot of variables involved, they probably wouldn't do anything less than 20 acres, can't be within city limits, can't be close to water ways or even large ditches and has to be ok'd by what ever governing body that regulates it in your gov't, but it does work good and if it's liquid and they inject it you get your ground roughly worked up in the deal

Archie
Archie nailed it! Great post! SMOOTHIES ALL around on me! ;) :D :furious: :lmao: :spinsmile :tractorsm :barf: :barf: :barf:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gardening

I'm using my 8N to garden on a BIG scale.....includes a Dearborn 2 bottom plow, disk, field cultivator, brush hog, blade, scoop bucket and new boom pole. Having a blast, even joined the local farmers market to sell some of my labors.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Welcome gbunt :friends: Thats a good looking old 8N you have there they are great tractors. Thats how come you see so many still going strong.
Jody

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
gbunt, Welcome!!!!

Tell me how much you work and what crops you produce.
I am very interested! :-D

As you can tell, I love my Ns! :-D

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
Re: Gardening

Originally posted by gbunt
I'm using my 8N to garden on a BIG scale.....includes a Dearborn 2 bottom plow, disk, field cultivator, brush hog, blade, scoop bucket and new boom pole. Having a blast, even joined the local farmers market to sell some of my labors.

Welcome!

How big of a garden you tending with that N?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts