I have a 51 8n that my father and I have restored. We originally put a 8volt battery in it but soon found out that it was a waste and put a 6volt back in it. It has had a problem of shutting off after working it for a little bit. So I checked the archives and thought I found the problem but I have since replaced the coil, iginition switch, points, & condensor. It still continues to loose spark and burn the points. I have regapped the points countless times and stiil have the same problem. If I file the points it'll fire right up. The only thing I can think is that it has a set of super whammy plug wires that we used for our late model race car. Could this be the problem?? I need help winter is here and Northwest Indiana is bound to get hit with some real snow soon.