1. When diagnosing an issue, or showing off your tractor or implement, it's important to add images so we all know what you're talking about. Especially when it comes to issues and repairs it's important to include as many images as possible to help our members diagnose your issue. To upload images, use the Upload a FIle button found towards the bottom right of the post response box or a new thread, If you ever have questions please feel free to contact me, My username is Austin.
    Dismiss Notice

82 tractor will not start

Discussion in 'Kubota' started by rusty l taylor, Jan 10, 2018.

1. rusty l taylor

rusty l taylor New Member

Jan 7, 2018
    my tractor will not start i have check fuel system check glow plugs it sound like it has no compression to start engine .i have very little white smoke leaving the exhaust when i attempt to start th tractor

2. sixbales

sixbales Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Howdy Rusty, welcome to the tractor forum.

Which model are you talking about? Has this tractor been sitting idle for a long period of time? Does it have a compression release for starting? If so, I would check that the compression release lever is not stuck.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018

3. rusty l taylor

Jan 7, 2018
    yes it was sitting for awhile the compression lever is not stuck it started once it will not start now

4. rhino

rhino Registered User

Jan 9, 2017
    Is it possible to open the hood and with a smart phone take a video of the engine while you are trying to start it?

5. rusty l taylor

Jan 7, 2018
    I am having trouble uploading video email me ill send it that way

6. tractor beam

tractor beam ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIELS Staff Member

Jan 25, 2010
    Priest River, Idaho
    Can you put the video on youtube then link it here?

7. rusty l taylor

Jan 7, 2018
    not able to I have actions you tube will not allow it

8. rusty l taylor

Jan 7, 2018
    0110181431a.jpg 0110181431a.jpg

9. sixbales

sixbales Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    Is this a standard gear-type transmission? Can you tow start it?

10. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    check the glow plugs for power with the key on, using a test light. Did you attempt to start it with "glow plug in a can"?

11. FredM

FredM Registered User

Nov 18, 2015
    Rangewood
    does the injection pump have a fuel shutoff solenoid ?, if so, have you checked this for working ?.

12. moldovan gigi

moldovan gigi New Member

Jan 5, 2018
    Trebuie in principal aerisit sistemul de aerisire, pompa de injectie are un surub asamic care il slabesti pentru a curge motorina (adica amorsarea intregului sistem de alimentare).
    scces

13. thepumpguysc

thepumpguysc Active Member

Jan 25, 2015
    How did you check the Gp's & fuel system?
    Loosen the lines AT the injectors & spin the engine.. GOT FUEL squirting out?
    Can you take a clearer/closer pic of JUST the engine?
    Just because you have power going TO the gp's, doesn't mean they're working.. either take them out & test them or use a multimeter to check ohms. Personally I DONT LIKE the MM option.. I ALWAYS take them out.

14. willys55

willys55 Caractacus Potts Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 13, 2016
    I believe this is what he was trying to say:

The ventilation system must be ventilated, the injection pump has an asymmetrical screw that weakens it to run the diesel fuel (ie priming the entire fuel system).
    scces