Tractor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1974 Ford 4000SU
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I need to identify the loader attached to my Ford 4000SU, there are no identifying labels, name plates, numbers, etc. a Webster crankshaft mounted front pump. I'm moving from Indiana to Kentucky and the trailer U-Haul is willing to rent me has a weight limit of 5290lbs, the tractor weighs in at 4272 (dry weight) and the Ford 771 loader weighs in at 815, the 772 weighs in at 1054. If need be, I'll remove the loader based on it's supposed easy removal & self contained storage stand and transport on my own flat trailer (too small for the tractor).
Appreciate any help you can provide, I was told by the person I purchased the tractor from 8 years ago the loader is not a Ford.
Thanks,
Rick
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Locking hubs

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't recognize the loader.
I can assure you it is not a Ford 772.
I had a 772 and the frame on those goes all the way back to the rear axles and bolts there.
And I'm pretty sure the 771 was very similar to the 772 but a bit lighter duty.
What I would do is remove just the bucket and use the loader to set it in the back of the pickup.
Bucket probably weighs most of 500 lbs by it self.
Then you would be able to squeek under U-Haul's
weight limit.
Nice tractor by the way.

·
Registered
1974 Ford 4000SU
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't recognize the loader.
I can assure you it is not a Ford 772.
I had a 772 and the frame on those goes all the way back to the rear axles and bolts there.
And I'm pretty sure the 771 was very similar to the 772 but a bit lighter duty.
What I would do is remove just the bucket and use the loader to set it in the back of the pickup.
Bucket probably weighs most of 500 lbs by it self.
Then you would be able to squeek under U-Haul's
weight limit.
Nice tractor by the way.
Thank you, I can't get through life without laughing at myself. You made that too easy!!! will indeed drop the bucket and leave the rest, I couldn't see the forest for the trees🤣
Love this tractor, after sitting outside through a winter, I can turn the gas petcock on, pull the choke and before the 3rd revolution it fires like I shut it off 10 minutes ago. It's never failed me, I put new hydraulic valve on it, just about the same cost to rebuild, so complete new with a matched pressure relief, all new hoses and outside of routine maintenance done nothing else. This summer, I think she's getting a little love and gonna be painted stock blue.

Do you by chance know where stock decals are available?

Thanks again... still laughing at myself!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.