Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.. my gear shift is jammed between 2nd and 3rd gear and seems to be in 3rd.. anyone know how to get it unjammed or have a video of how to do it.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Howdy Wayne, welcome to the tractor forum.

You are going to have to pull your transmission cover and re-align the shift blocks on the shift rails. On my tractor, this is a fairly simple job, but your tractor may have some complicating factors that I am not aware of. Get a shop/service manual for your tractor and read through the section covering this task, before you start the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi.. my gear shift is jammed between 2nd and 3rd gear and seems to be in 3rd.. anyone know how to get it unjammed or have a video of how to do it.
Howdy Wayne, welcome to the tractor forum.

You are going to have to pull your transmission cover and re-align the shift blocks on the shift rails. On my tractor, this is a fairly simple job, but your tractor may have some complicating factors that I am not aware of. Get a shop/service manual for your tractor and read through the section covering this task, before you start the job.
It is now fixed. Took cover off transmission in front of seat and found 2 linkages and 2 shifters. One is for 1st and 2nd gear the other for 3rd and 4th gear, and I found the nut holding the linkage on the 1st and 2nd gear shifter was almost off which caused the jam. Took linkage off, moved shifter to neutral position, attached linkage and all works well.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Well, its different than mine, but still sounds pretty simple to fix. Good job!! Congrats.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, its different than mine, but still sounds pretty simple to fix. Good job!! Congrats.
Thank you, after you said to pull the transmission cover I looked to see where the linkages went and they went under it, so thanks for suggesting that, appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts