Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
5000 series hit us today

The first of our 5000 series came in today! Its a 5252E 25hp Kohler w/60" mid mount deck standard.
Sweet tractor !!..........fit & finish much better than preproduction prototypes we saw at meeting last year.

Everything has a good solid "feel' to it. Can't wait for the 4wd's to hit.

Look out Orange & Green !

I took some pics which I'll post later tonite.

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
Cant wait thanks.
Jody

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a front end shot,sorry that background washed out ROPS thats standard

Here's a rear shot showing cat 1 hitch,theres a live pto in there too!

Thats a 7304 30hp turbo diesel-4wd in the background.

here's a side shot-- hood up

·
Registered
28 Posts
The 5000 series is going to put a serious dent in the other subcompacts. For that matter the higher end LG tractors too. The 5252 at $7500 including a 60" deck, 3pt, pto AND capable of handling a loader AND a backhoe AND 3 year interest free financing. Can't wait to see how the competition responds.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
If I was shopping for Cubs 3235 series i would look real closely on what you get for just a few dollars more in the 5000 series...

Duc

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
Ducati996,
I think you have that wrong. If I was shopping for a Deere X400 series, I'd look at the Cub 5000s and see what I could get for a LOT of dollars LESS!:D

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Originally posted by bontai Joe
Ducati996,
I think you have that wrong. If I was shopping for a Deere X400 series, I'd look at the Cub 5000s and see what I could get for a LOT of dollars LESS!:D

You are so right...a full 3pt to boot !!

Duc

·
EX Super Mod
5,317 Posts
They sure are nice for the money.
Jody

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
:furious:

Sorry to be so long.........e is a tire code.....turf tire
being a little too specific

Duc.if you have an interest in a 3000 series ..let me know :thumbsup:

Hot Dang!........ Spring is springin' :buzz:

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yup..........I got a few 3206's that I can deal on. 22hp Kohler Commands in them....Diff locks........taillights the full deal.
Ain't got no snow throwers though!!!:crazy:

·
Premium Member
4,116 Posts
RedRanger,
Those tail lights come in real handy when cutting grass along the edge of the property next to the road in my mom's neighborhood. Keeps the Euro-Supercars from running up my butt when they come around the corner at 65 mph in a 35 zone. Also handy when plowing snow at the end of the driveway at night to make you more visible.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Lights are soooo important !! Nothing more nerve racking than a town truck barreling down on you when you are in the street blowing snow from your neighbors driveway...

Why Cub dosent provide lights on any of their new 3000 series is beyond me...penny smart/pound foolish is not welcome here...

Duc

·
Registered
28 Posts
Okay, I see the need for tail lights when working close to traffic. Maybe Cub should offer some kind of lighting upgrade for those conditions. Providing something more than just taillights would probably sell well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Don't understand the confusion....ALL Cubs have headlights,really bright halogens for you snow bound people.

Entry level 3000's like the 3204 and the 3186 before it lacked the tailights and diff locks. The 40th anniversary 3240 had the diff lock but lacked taillights. Don't ask me why........
3206,3208,3235,etc..........had tail lights and backup lights.
:idea:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually what I meant was for Cub to offer something more than tail lights (warning lights) for the rear of the tractor. I was thinking along the lines of those larger round flashing lights which could be mounted on the rear fender.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
Hey Neil,

Actually the last few years the 3000 series have used 1156 incandescent bulbs instead of Halogens of old. Cub only offers the 3204 and the 3235 as the only two models in the 3000 series for this year and last year...Last year the 3235 had rear taillights, this year its not offered. It kind of takes away from the differences between the 3204 and 3235....I feel the lights are real important, thus I had to wire an LED light on my own since it was never offered on the 3204...

Duc

1 - 20 of 21 Posts