Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't see any other sections this might apply so this was the closest. For any of you interested in satellite TV. NPS National Programing Service has an offer of $399 towards a Motorola DSR922 4DTV reciever install if you purchase their HBO/Cinimax package.

BEST PRICE EVER on 4DTV Digital Receiver!

This is a very good offer in view of the fact that the reciever sells for about $600 the cheapest prices I have found on the internet and the typical price is $700.

4DTV programing is about half the price of Dish TV.

I just upgraded to this reciever as my system was dead or so I thought. I am VERY happy with it and I get about channels for about $67 a month. Just thought I would pass the info. along for anyone who may be considering a switch.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
You can get Voom like I have and pay nothing down --- no installation and no contract. Best HD programming around. :D
I pay for basic Voom package $39.95 get like 30 HD channels and plus everything else except for movie (HBO, Showtime) channels but since I work an Engineering Dir. for cable company I get all channels, VOD, PPV and Music etc for free anyhow we just dont have HDTV via out cable plant in my area. :D

I love VOOM and highly recommend it.

Andy

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have an HD TV. The 4DTV reciever is nice because you can get the analog and digital channels all from the same reciever and Motorola makes an HDTV decoder module for the DSR922 4DTV reciever as well. May not be for everyone as you need a 10ft. or larger dish. for C band.

·
Premium Member
3,786 Posts
Oh, ok. Makes sense --- I was just sharing some of my happy insight with the Voom product! Thanks for the info, Chiefy.

Andy

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Wish they would have came up with something like that earlier.I have a 10ft dish and it was pretty well up to date until 4DTV came along.I have a GI650i reciever the latest programming module at that time.When the 4DTV reciever came out and was so high I went with dish network and rolled up the cord on my big dish.I felt I had spent a fortune on dish equipment since about 1988.Some things I miss and others I do not miss about the big dish.But lower programming cost I did like.When I went with dish network that ended my HBO and other premium channels.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Yes I still have it.The reciever has not been hooked up to the dish in 3 years.I packed it all up and put it in the closet.The only thing I do with the 10' Unimesh dish these days is mow around it.

Seems a shame it all worked fine when I unhooked it.I like dish network however is more expensive.I like having two hookups where with the big dish We could not do that.Also we like having are local channels now on dish network.

The big dish offers cheaper programming but the expense of upkeep on the equipment.The little dish has higher programming however is cheap to maintain.They gave me the system and a year of free basic programming.Because I was a big dish customer for several years.I gave the little dish a try and that was 3 years now.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now might be a good time to switch back. The 4DTV programming savings will pay for the system in cheaper programming costs in 2 to 3 years. Might be worth considering. I can see your points though. Guess it is a matter of personal preference. We don't go out much so the movie channels are a must.

·
Premium Member
1,039 Posts
C-band is the one area of satellite I know nothing about...
The others have provided me significant income, but never
learned about the C-band units

I'm not sure how they could offer premium channels for less
like HBO or Showtime. Are there more channels than what on Dish or DTV?? Is it analog or Digital signals?

Curious..

Duc

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ducati996
C-band is the one area of satellite I know nothing about...
The others have provided me significant income, but never
learned about the C-band units

I'm not sure how they could offer premium channels for less
like HBO or Showtime. Are there more channels than what on Dish or DTV?? Is it analog or Digital signals?

Curious..

Duc
Duc, the DSR922 4DTV reciever decodes both analog AND digital signals. So it gets ALL the digital channels AND the C band analog channels with the VCRS decoder and the internal digital unit. All total their are about 5500 channels but not all are used. The only draw back for some folks would be the big dishes. Some places restrict or forbid them. In addition to the 4DTV system, it can piggy back MPEG2 and you can get alot of FTA digital transmissions to boot!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I use to like to watch the wild feeds.The news people waiting to go on the air.They use to pick the nose and do all kinds of things.

·
Registered
8,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From what I understand a lot of those wild feeds went to MPEG-2 FTA transmissions. Tech TV just went off the air recently and MPEG-2 is the only place to get it now. I sure hope they come back.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts